Chere L. Klein
|Former candidate for|
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 36|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Klein's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Our state is a resource state. Our resources are not only oil, gas, minerals, timber, water, seafood and tourism but first and foremost our people. Responsible development of all of our resources, including our children is key to a healthy and diversified economy."
- Excerpt: "Southern Southeast Alaska is poised at the forefront of great opportunities. Low cost energy and improved infrastructure provide our communities with an advantage many places in Alaska still do not have. The oil, gas, and Arctic fishing industries are all looking at the potential of our shipyards (Ketchikan and Wrangell), deep water ports and low cost energy as viable resource for new construction. The mining opportunities on Prince of Wales are extremely important and need to be prepared for now. Tourism is an important part of our economy and provides substantial impact on jobs and families throughout District 36."
- Excerpt: "My children have been successful because of the educational opportunities available to them. I feel it’s important that every child have access to the same basic opportunities in the future. Our education system is evolving and it’s important that all children across our vast state have an equal advantage."
Fishing & Mariculture
- Excerpt: "Our fishing and seafood industries have historically and continue to have a huge impact on the economy of Alaska. These resources should be carefully managed through objective science and collaboration with the industries and not the winds of politics. Mariculture has the potential to have a huge economic impact throughout all of Southeast Alaska."
- Excerpt: "Continued development of low cost and sustainable energy for Southeast Alaska is imperative for our growth."
Elections for the office of Alaska House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 19, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Chere L. Klein defeated Patti Mackey and Agnes C. Moran in the Republican primary. Daniel "Dan" H. Ortiz (I) defeated Klein in the general election.
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 36 Republican Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chere + Klein + Alaska + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alaska House of Representatives
- Alaska House of Representatives District 36
- Alaska House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Alaska State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Chere L. Klein on Facebook
- Chere L. Klein on Twitter
- Alaska Secretary of State - Official primary candidate list
- Official campaign website, "On the Issues," accessed July 25, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 4, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed September 11, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Unofficial General Election Results," accessed November 5, 2014