|Colorado House of Representatives District 25|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$45/day in Denver area, $183/day outside|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||Four consecutive terms|
|Bachelor's||University of Colorado|
|Profession||Principal and Co-Founder, Gerou & Associates, Limited|
|Religion||United Church of Christ|
Gerou earned her B.A. in Fine Arts from the University of Colorado. Her professional experience includes working as principal and co-founder of Gerou & Associates, Limited since 1986.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Gerou served on the following committees:
|Colorado Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Gerou served on these committees:
|Colorado Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Appropriations, Chair|
|• Budget, Vice Chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Gerou served on these committees:
|Colorado Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Health and Human Services|
Gerou's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 09-1146 - Proof Of Citizenship To Register To Vote
- HB 09-1199 - Healthy Forests Vibrant Communities Act
- HB 09-1248 - Business Entities Regulation
- SB 10-191 - Quality Instruction Through Educator Effectiveness 
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Political courage tests
Gerou did not provide answers to the Colorado State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Gerou won re-election in the 2012 election for Colorado House of Representatives District 25. She ran unopposed in the June 26, 2012, Republican primary. She defeated Lorna Idol (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 25, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Cheri Gerou Incumbent||54.6%||25,835|
|Libertarian||Jack J. Woehr||5.2%||2,448|
Gerou ran for re-election to the 25th District seat in 2010. She had no opposition. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
Gerou raised $107,690 for her campaign, while Scripter raised $56,851 and Woehr raised $0.
|Colorado State House, District 25 (2008)|
|Cheri Gerou (R)||22,739|
|Andrew Scripter (D)||18,326|
|Jack J. Woehr (Lib)||1,886|
Comprehensive donor information for Gerou is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Gerou raised a total of $130,801 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 29, 2013.
|Cheri Gerou's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Colorado State House, District 25||$13,041|
|2010||Colorado State House, District 25||$10,070|
|2008||Colorado State House, District 25||$107,690|
|Grand Total Raised||$130,801|
2012Gerou won re-election to the Colorado House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Gerou raised a total of $13,041.
|Colorado House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Cheri Gerou's campaign in 2012|
|Friends Of Colorado Hospitals||$800|
|Colorado Cable Telecommunications Association||$800|
|Hogling, Arthur W||$800|
|Blackwell, Robert S||$800|
|Total Raised in 2012||$13,041|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Gerou won re-election to the Colorado House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Gerou raised a total of $10,070.
|Colorado House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Cheri Gerou's campaign in 2010|
|Copic Insurance Small Donor Committee||$1,000|
|Colorado Medical Society||$1,000|
|Jefferson County Republican Central Cmte||$500|
|Colorado Association Of Realtors Small Donor Committee||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$10,070|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2008Gerou won election to the Colorado House of Representatives in 2008. During that election cycle, Gerou raised a total of $107,690.
|Colorado House of Representatives 2008 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Cheri Gerou's campaign in 2008|
|Gerou, Phillip H & Cheri R||$40,000|
|Colorado Conservation Voters||$1,200|
|Colorado Cable Telecommunications Association||$400|
|High Country Republican Club||$400|
|Total Raised in 2008||$107,690|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Gerou and her husband, Phil, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Cheri + Gerou + Colorado + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado State Fair remark riles Pueblo lawmakers - Denver Post (blog)
- JBC member questions Fair - Pueblo Chieftain
- Complaint Against Colorado Gun Lobbyist Unsolved - CBS Local
- RMGO lobbyist Neville off the hook on alleged ethics violation ? for now - The Colorado Statesman
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Colorado House of Representatives - Rep. Cheri Gerou
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008
- ↑ Colorado News Agency, "Teacher's Union Shaken, Allies Divided by Passage of Tenure Reform," May 12, 2010
- ↑ Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Minnesota Leaders," February 4, 2012
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Gerou Issue Positions
- ↑ Colorado Secretary of State, - 2012 Primary Candidate List
- ↑ Colorado Secretary of State, Official Primary Election Results
- ↑ 2008 general election results, Colorado
- ↑ Colorado House spending, 2008
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "Gerou, Cheri," Accessed May 29, 2013
|Colorado House District 25
| Succeeded by|