Cherry Creek School District Bond Measure (November 2012)
|Cherry Creek School Bond Question 3A|
Election results from Arapaho County, Unofficial Election Results Summary
Text of measure
Language on the ballot:
|“||SHALL CHERRY CREEK SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 5 TAXES BE INCREASED $25,000,000 ANNUALLY (THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT WHICH MAY BE COLLECTED IN ANY FISCAL YEAR), BEGINNING IN TAX COLLECTION YEAR 2013 AND FOR EACH FISCAL YEAR THEREAFTER, BY AN ADDITIONAL PROPERTY TAX MILL LEVY IN EXCESS OF THE LEVY AUTHORIZED FOR THE DISTRICT’S GENERAL FUND, WITHOUT LIMITATION AS TO RATE, PURSUANT TO AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 22-54-108, C.R.S., SUCH ADDITIONAL REVENUES TO BE DEPOSITED IN THE GENERAL FUND AND USED FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• MAINTAINING CLASS SIZES IN THE KINDERGARTEN THROUGH TWELFTH GRADES;
• PROVIDING STUDENTS WITH THE CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS IN COLLEGE AND THE WORKPLACE;
• CONTINUING THE DISTRICT’S COMMITMENT TO ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE AND PROVIDING AN EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY AND STANDARDS;
• UTILIZING TECHNOLOGY AND COMPUTER APPLICATIONS TO ENSURE STUDENT SUCCESS IN THE 21ST CENTURY;
The group Citizens for Cherry Creek Schools is the main force behind supporting this measure.
- Aurora Sentinel, "Ballot could be crowded with bevy of issues to be decided by voters," April 20, 2012
- Arapahoe County Elections, Current Measures
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Citizens for Cherry Creek Schools, Information