Cherry Hill Public Schools elections (2013)
|General Election date:|
Method of election
What was at stake?
Cherry Hill Public Schools
Camden County, New Jersey ballot measures
Local ballot measures, New Jersey
About the district
- See also: Cherry Hill Public Schools, New Jersey
Camden County underperformed in comparison to the rest of New Jersey in terms of its median household income based on the 2010 U.S. Census. The median household income in Camden County was $61,824 compared to $71,180 for the state of New Jersey. The poverty rate in Camden County was 11.8% compared to 9.4% for the entire state. The US Census also found that 28.2% of Camden County residents aged 25 years and older attained a Bachelor's degree compared to 35.0% in New Jersey.
Method of board member selection
The Cherry Hill school board consists of nine members elected to three-year terms at-large by the district as a whole. There was no primary election and the general election was held on November 5, 2013. Three seats were on the ballot in 2013.
The filing deadline for school board candidates to get on the ballot in the 2013 general election was June 4.
|Cherry Hill Public Schools, At-large General Election, 3-year term, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Sherrie Cohen Incumbent||34%||9,120|
|Nonpartisan||Steve Robbins Incumbent||32.9%||8,815|
|Nonpartisan||Elliott Roth Incumbent||32.4%||8,692|
|Source: Camden County, New Jersey, "Official Results," November 14, 2013|
No endorsements were made in this election.
No contributions or expenditures were reported during the election, according to the New Jersey Election Law Enforcement Commission.
Information about earlier elections can be found by clicking [show] at the right.
What was at stake?
The following dates were key deadlines for the Cherry Hill Public Schools election in 2013:
|June 4, 2013||Last day for filing nominating petitions in school board elections|
|June 10, 2013||Last day to challenge nominating petitions in school board elections|
|August 12, 2013||County clerk draws ballot positions for candidates|
|September 6, 2013||Last day for candidates to withdraw from the general election ballot|
|November 5, 2013||General election|
|December 3, 2013||Certification of election results by Board of State Canvassers|
Additional elections on the ballot
This election shared the ballot with local and state elections, including the race for Governor along with seats in the New Jersey State Assembly and New Jersey State Senate. The November 5 ballot included proposed constitutional amendments that would establish cost of living adjustments for the state minimum wage and use gaming profits for veterans' organizations.
- New Jersey
- Cherry Hill Public Schools, New Jersey
- List of school board elections in 2013
- Camden County, New Jersey ballot measures
- Local ballot measures, New Jersey
- United States Census Bureau, "Camden County, New Jersey," accessed October 27, 2013
- State of New Jersey Department of State, "Statewide Voter Registration Summary," accessed October 27, 2013
- Cherry Hill Public Schools, "BOE Candidates in November 5 Election," October 4, 2013
- State of New Jersey Department of State, "2013 General Election Timeline," accessed October 27, 2013
- New Jersey Election Law Enforcement Commission, "Standard Search," Accessed December 20, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Election Information," accessed October 21, 2013