Cheryl A. Johncox
|Cheryl A. Johncox|
|Ohio House of Representatives District 86|
Johncox attended the Ohio State University Marion and Columbus, graduating Cum Laud with Distinction- College of Food, Agriculture and Environmental Sciences, School of Natural Resources. She earned a B.S. in Natural Resources in 2007. Johncox also studied Agriculture and Natural Resources abroad at the Universidade de Sao Paulo, Escola Superior de Agricultura- Sao Paulo Brazil.
Johncox has worked as an Agriculture and Natural Resources policy analyst, and is currently serving as Executive Director of the Buckeye Forest Council.
- League of Women Voters of Ohio- Natural Resources Specialist
- North Union Band Booster
- Classroom Volunteer- North Union Schools
- Alpha Zeta Fraternity- oldest agricultural fraternity in America
- District Coordinator- CARE USA
- National Wildlife Federation
Explaining why she ran, Johncox stated:
"In the Ohio House, I will be an advocate for my neighbors, supporting economic development, safe environmental policy, and opposing dangerous trends toward consolidation that take control out of our communities. I firmly believe that the farther away government is, the harder it is for it to hear you. I am running so that someone at the Statehouse will listen."
Johncox ran in the 2012 election for Ohio House, District 86. Johncox was unopposed in the March 6 Democratic primary election and was defeated by District 83 incumbent Dorothy Pelanda (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 86, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Dorothy Pelanda Incumbent||62.1%||28,240|
|Democratic||Cheryl A. Johncox||37.9%||17,265|
According to information submitted to Ballotpedia by Johncox, she was endorsed by the following:
- Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen
- Central Ohio Labor Council AFL-CIO
- Columbus/Central Ohio Building Trades Council
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers 683
- Lima Building and Construction Trades Council
- Ohio Association of Professional Fire fighters
- Ohio Education Association
- Ohio Federation of Teachers
- Ohio AFL-CIO
- OCSEA-AFSCME Local 11 Ohio Civil Service Employees Association
- Plumbers and Pipefitters Local 189
- United Transportation Union
- United Union Of Roofers, Waterproofers And Allied Workers local 86
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Cheryl + Johncox + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |