Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Arizona State Senate, District 26|
Cage earned her B.A. in Psychology from Plymouth State University in 1977. She then worked as a Flight Attendant for Braniff Airways from 1978 to 1982. From 1983 to 1987, she worked in Marketing/Management for the International Athletic Clubs of America. She has been the President/Owner of Cage Consulting, Incorporated since 1988.
Cage was a graduate of the EMERGE Program in 2006. She served as a Campaign Manager for Lena Saradnik for State House and Don Jorgensen for State House in 2006 and 2008, respectively. She then ran for the Arizona State Senate in 2008, but she was not elected. Cage has volunteered for the Grassroots Presidential Campaigns since 1988.
Cage's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Jobs & the Economy
- Excerpt: "We must build our economic future upon Arizona's natural strengths...of which there are many. Arizona is the natural choice for solar research and development. It is a worthy goal for us to want to become the 'Solar Capitol of the World.'"
- Excerpt: "I support the approach that funding for our public schools and universities is an INVESTMENT...not simply an expense."
- Excerpt: "Our first step must be to review and reform our entire tax code. We have an estimated $10 BILLION in tax credits and loopholes. We must start with a review of each and every one."
- See also: Arizona State Senate elections, 2010
|Arizona State Senate, District 26 General Election (2010)|
|Albert Melvin (R)||43,918|
|Cheryl Cage (D)||37,477|
Cage and her husband, Young, have two children.
- Cheryl Cage's campaign website
- Project Vote Smart Biography
- Full list of candidates filed for the Arizona primary