Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 8A|
Nettestad's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Each part of the system must provide a step to the next level. K-12 must be well supported by the State. Post high school training must be local and affordable. A well educated work force is required by local businesses that are the backbone of our northern area."
- Excerpt:"These people provide services we all use everyday. The electricity, phone, maintaining road in the summer and plowing snow in the winter, and enforce our law. We must all support living wages for these people to support their families and plan for their own retirement."
Elderly, Disabled and Veterans
- Excerpt:"It is the duty of all moral people to support the disabled people, the elderly in need and our veterans in need. Minnesota has been a leader in this area for years. But the budget shortfalls have made these people targets for reduction in services they so desperately need."
- Excerpt:"Our constitution lays out the principles that the citizens will support, defend, or even fight and die for. Adding items that are in state law or are designed to make the constitution discriminate against it's citizens should not be made a part of our constitution."
Nettestad ran in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 8A. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and was defeated by incumbent Bud Nornes (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 8A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Bud Nornes Incumbent||62.8%||13,190|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chester + Nettestad + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |