Chester School District, South Carolina
|Transparency grading process|
- Main article: Evaluation of South Carolina school district websites
- Administrative staff directory posted
- Annual financial statements are published.
- Meeting minutes and agendas are available.
- Credit card and bank statements are posted
- Staff salary schedules are posted
- Board of Trustees members are listed, but contact information is not available.
- Budget is not published.
- Does not include information on taxes, contracts, academic performance, and background checks.
- There is no information on how to request public records.
|Denise Lawson||Vice Chair|
|Jeffrey Kerr, Sr.||Member|
On April 1, 2009, the South Carolina Legislature passed H3352 which requires school districts in the state to post a check register and credit card statement online. All school districts are required to post monthly statements beginning June 30, 2010.
As of December 23, 2010 the district only has records through August 2010 and is therefore not in compliance with law.
The 2009-10 teacher salary schedule is listed amd ranges from $32,127 for certain new teachers to $68,375 for certain 22 year teachers.
PASS (Palmetto Assessment of State Standards)
Federal law requires students in grades 3-8 to take a state test based on state academic standards.
The table below shows the percentage of students in the Chester School District who met or exceeded the state standard in 2010 and 2009.
|PASS||Writing 2010||Writing 2009||English 2010||English 2009||Math 2010||Math 2009||Science 2010||Science 2009||Social Studies 2010||Social Studies 2009|
- Chester County School District Official Website
- Great Schools - district profile
- School Tree - district profile
- School Matters - district profile
- Local School Directory - Chester
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |