|Vermont House of Representatives, Orange-Caledonia 1|
|2009 - Present|
|January 2, 2017|
|Years in position||6|
|Per diem||$107/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||English, University of Vermont|
|Master's||MAT, Evergreen State College|
|Date of birth||October 17, 1961|
|Place of birth||Cleveland, OH|
Conquest earned his B.A. in English from the University of Vermont. He went on to receive his MAT from Evergreen State College.
Conquest has worked as a Farmer and Carpenter.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Conquest served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Judicial Retention|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Conquest served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Conquest served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2009|
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Incumbent Chip Conquest was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Conquest was unopposed in the general election.
Conquest won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Orange-Caledonia. Conquest was unopposed in the August 28 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Orange-Caledonia 1 General Election (2010)|
|Chip Conquest (D)||888|
|Robert Craig (R)||702|
Comprehensive donor information for Conquest is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Conquest raised a total of $8,199 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 23, 2013.
|Chip Conquest's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Orange-Caledonia||$2,728|
|2010||Vermont State House, District Orange-Caledonia-1||$5,471|
|Grand Total Raised||$8,199|
2012Conquest won re-election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Conquest raised a total of $2,728.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Chip Conquest's campaign in 2012|
|Hausman, Rick & Emily||$200|
|Total Raised in 2012||$2,728|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Conquest was up for election, he collected $5,471 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Vermont House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Chip Conquest's campaign in 2010|
|Lea, Syd & Robin Barone||$500|
|Orange County Democratic Cmte||$500|
|Vermont Democratic House Campaign||$500|
|Hausman, Rick & Emily||$200|
|Lawrence, Kevin & Melanie||$150|
|Total Raised in 2010||$5,471|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- National Federation of Independent Business in Vermont: 2013-2014 Legislative Voting Record
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on key small business issues.
- Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on whether or not their votes aligned with VBSR’s stance on each policy.
- Vermont Conservation Voters: 2011-2012 Environmental Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting records on environmental issues.
- Vermont Public Interest Research Group: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on voting records on VPIRG-backed legislation to promote clean energy, reduce exposure to toxins, make health care more accessible and affordable and protect our democracy.
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Conquest voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
Conquest and his wife, Fay Homan, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chip + Conquest + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont State Senate
- Vermont State Senate Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Chip Conquest Website
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 General Election Candidate Listing," accessed October 11, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Election Results Search," accessed April 23, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Conquest, Chip," accessed September 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 Campaign contributors," accessed April 23, 2014
- Ethan Allen Institute, "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Chip Conquest's Biography," accessed November 01, 2014