|Chipman "Chip" Flowers, Jr.|
|January 2011 - Present|
|Years in position||2|
|Predecessor||Velda Jones-Potter (D)|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Pennsylvania|
|Master's||Harvard University (MPA)/Georgetown University (MBA)|
Before becoming treasurer, Flowers ran Flowers Counsel Group, LLC, which he founded in 2006. The firm specializes in mergers, acquisitions, procurement law, and advising businesses on contractual agreements for major purchases. Flowers has also worked as a Democratic political analyst for the news program Delaware Tonight on WHYY-TV, and as a staff attorney for the firm of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, LLP. Flowers holds an M.P.A. from Harvard University, an M.B.A. and J.D. from Georgetown University, and a bachelor's degree from the University of Pennsylvania.
- 2006: John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, MPA
- 2000: Georgetown University, JD/MBA
- 1996: University of Pennsylvania, BA, Economics
- 1992: Vicenza American High School
Flowers was elected as Delaware Treasurer on November 2, 2010.
|Delaware Treasurer, 2010|
|Election Results Via: Delaware Commissioner of Elections|
Comprehensive donor information for Flowers is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Flowers raised a total of $377,955 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 8, 2013.
|Chip Flowers's Campaign Contribution History|
|Grand Total Raised||$377,955|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Chip Flowers's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Chip Flowers's Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$140,035 (Rep.)|
|Top 5 contributors||Chipman L. Flowers Jr.||$204,769|
|Flowers for Treasurer||$56,170|
|Food and Commercial Workers Local 27||$1,400|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chip + Flowers + Delaware + Treasurer"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delaware budget panel grills Treasurer Chip Flowers - The News Journal
- Delaware legislative committee asks Chip Flowers about Alaska trip - Newsworks.org
- Treasurer Chip Flowers 'saddened' by travel expense controversy - The News Journal
- Delaware Senate GOP leaders: Chip Flowers' office 'out of control' - The News Journal
- Flowers' document woes won't go away - newszap.com
- Delaware Treasurer calls ruling from AG Biden 'very shady' - Newsworks.org
- Former deputy treasurer's status may be finalized soon - newszap.com
- Delaware AG says cash board's power trumps Flowers' - The News Journal
- Flowers says he will reimburse taxpayers for travel charges - The News Journal
- Our view: AG opinion should end treasury dispute - The News Journal
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official website
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Facebook page
- Twitter account
- YouTube account
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Delaware Treasury Department "Treasurer's Biography" Accessed October 3, 2012
- ↑ Chip Flowers "About Chip" Accessed October 3, 2012
- ↑ Office of the Delaware Treasurer, "Treasurer's Biography," accessed August 10, 2011.
- ↑ Project Vote Smart "Biography" Accessed October 3, 2012
- ↑ Flowers for Treasurer Facebook Page "Info" Accessed October 3, 2012
- ↑ Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Chip Flowers, Jr.," accessed July 8, 2013
- ↑ Follow the Money.org
Velda Jones-Potter (D)
2011 - present
| Succeeded by|