|Indiana State Senate, District 43|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Perfect's website highlights the following campaign themes:
|“||Opportunities are not just about starting a business. People want opportunities in their work, opportunities available in the companies where they work. If business can’t grow, employee opportunities are limited.
High taxes, government mandates, costly regulations, legal precautions, all take resources away from a business and limit its ability to grow and create opportunity.
Opportunities are about education as well. I was a teacher of high school Agriculture when I first graduated from college. Believe me, I know just how difficult it is to teach. I also have raised three children and understand how important their education has been. The world is changing at a rate faster than any time in history. We face a huge educational challenge to make sure our young people are prepared for the world that is coming at them at high speed! They need educational opportunities to be prepared, and to create their own opportunities in life.
|“||I like to get things done. I speak my mind. I listen. I like to build consensus! I am reasonable and rational. I have learned a great deal about leadership from a number of mentors over the years, and I continue to strive to become a better leader.
I am excited about the opportunity to put my leadership experience to work for Southeastern Indiana. This community is where I grew up, where I raised my children, where I make my living, where I live my life. It is important for me to give back. I believe becoming your Senator is a way for me to continue doing that!
|“||We are fortunate to live in Southeast Indiana, where common sense is still common. However, you cannot assume that everyone has common sense and uses it while making both small and large decisions.
I often tell young people to figure out what they have to offer. When I first got to college I realized that one of the things I had to offer was common sense. I discovered that I could use my common sense perspective in situations where it was lacking. Calling on this common sense has served me well in becoming a successful businessman, husband and father.
- See also: Indiana State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Indiana State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Rudy Howard was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Chip Perfect defeated Bill McDonald and Mark Schneider in the Republican primary. Howard will face Perfect in the general election.
|Indiana State Senate, District 43 Republican Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Perfect's endorsements include:
- Indiana State Representative Jud McMillin (R)
- Indiana Farm Bureau Elect Committee
- National Rifle Association (AQ rating)
- Indiana Manufacturers Association
- Indiana Chamber of Commerce
- Indiana State Sen. Johnny Nugent (R) (outgoing incumbent)
- Dearborn County Commissioner Kevin Lynch
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chip + Perfect + Indiana + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Indiana State Senate
- Indiana State Senate District 43
- Indiana State Senate elections, 2014
- Indiana State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Chip Perfect on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official candidate list
- Vote Chip Perfect, "Core Values," accessed April 24, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- /files/2014_Primary_Candidate_Abbreviated_List_Final_Filings_Feb_7.pdf Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed February 10, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Vote Chip Perfect, "Endorsements," accessed April 24, 2014