Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
Chippewa Falls is a city located on the Chippewa River in Chippewa County in Wisconsin. Its population as of the 2000 census was 12,925. It is the county seat of Chippewa County. Chippewa Falls was incorporated as a city in 1869.
City administrator fired
The Chippewa Falls City Council voted 6-0 on January 13, 2009 to fire city administrator Ron Singel, who had been in the position for about a year. The council's reasons for dissatisfaction with Singel's job performance were made public by a local newspaper after it filed a Wisconsin Open Records Law request with the city, asking for Singel's personnel file.
- Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
- Chippewa Falls Area Chamber of Commerce
- Open Directory for Chippewa Falls
- Chippewa Falls School District Homepage
- Chippewa Area Catholic Schools Homepage
- Chippewa.com, "Former city administrator blames smear campaign by city", February 4, 2009
- Documents pertaining to Chippewa Falls' assessment of Singel's job performance