Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|South Carolina House of Representatives, District 62|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Elections for all 124 seats in the South Carolina House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 30, 2014. Incumbent Robert Williams was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Chippy Johnson was unopposed in the Republican primary. Williams defeated Johnson in the general election.
|South Carolina State House, District 62, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Robert Williams Incumbent||68.2%||7,023|
Johnson filed to run in the 2012 election for South Carolina House of Representatives District 62. He would have run against Nancy Blackmon Lee and Ronald Page in the Republican primary on June 12, but he was removed from the ballot as a result of a May 2 Supreme Court ruling. Incumbent Robert Williams (D) defeated challenger Denny W. Neilson in the Democratic primary.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Chippy + Johnson + South Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- South Carolina State Legislature
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "2014 Election Information," accessed March 31, 2014
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "Election Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "Official general election results," accessed November 13, 2014
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "2012 Candidates," accessed April 23, 2012
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |