Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 56|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Baerns submitted the following statement to Ballotpedia regarding his political philosophy:
My political philosophy is simple. Individuals will make better choices for themselves, than any elected or appointed official will make for them.
This country was founded upon the belief that the State's role is to protect its citizens natural rights to life, liberty, and property. While the State does provide certain protections to these natural rights, the State is the entity that most infringes on the very rights they were established to protect.
If elected, I hope that I can protect the people not only in my district, but those in the entire state of Colorado, from having their freedoms infringed upon by the State. As intelligent human beings, we should be allowed to make choices that reflect our individual morals, our individual beliefs, and do what we think is best for ourselves and our families. Unlike virtually every elected or appointed official, I don't believe that I know what is better for you than you do. And I will legislate based upon that. 
—Chris Baerns, Information submitted on Ballotpedia’s biographical information submission form on September 16, 2014
Elections for the office of Colorado House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 31, 2014. Vicki A. Snider was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Kevin Priola was unopposed in the Republican primary. Snider, Priola and Chris Baerns (L) will face off in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chris + Baerns + Colorado + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado House of Representatives
- Colorado House of Representatives District 56
- Colorado House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Colorado State Legislature
- Information submitted on Ballotpedia’s biographical information submission form on September 16, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed May 1, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed June 25, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Unofficial general election candidate list," accessed July 23, 2014