|Oklahoma Secretary of State|
|November 8, 2013-present|
|Years in position||1|
|Predecessor||Larry Parman (R)|
|Speaker, Oklahoma House of Representatives|
|February 2008-November 2010|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||October 23, 2013|
|Appointed by||Gov. Mary Fallin (R)|
|Oklahoma House of Representatives|
|High school||Webster High School (1980)|
|Bachelor's||Oklahoma State University-Tulsa|
|Birthday||September 9, 1962|
|Place of birth||Tulsa, Oklahoma|
Benge managed Benge Painting Company from 1981 to 1997, and was a sales representative for Cintas Corporation from 1997 to 1998. From 1998 through 2010 he served in the Oklahoma House of Representatives. Leaving the chamber due to term limits, Benge became an advisor to Tulsa Mayor Dewey Bartlett. Since August 2011 he has served as senior vice president of government affairs at the Tulsa Regional Chamber.
- Bachelor's degree, Oklahoma State University-Tulsa
- Diploma, Webster High School, 1980
Oklahoma Secretary of State (November 2013-present)
Benge has served as Oklahoma Secretary of State since November 8, 2013.
Oklahoma House of Representatives (1998–2010)
Benge represented District 68 in the Oklahoma House of Representatives from 1998 through 2010. He was unable to run for re-election due to term limits.
On October 23, 2013, Gov. Mary Fallin (R) appointed Benge as Oklahoma Secretary of State. Fallin said of Benge, “My focus as governor has been to implement pro-growth, fiscally responsible and conservative policies to move this state forward. Chris Benge’s leadership and experience as a legislator and leader of the House will help us continue in those efforts. I’m delighted to have him serve as a member of my Cabinet."
In 2008, Benge collected $85,275 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2008.
|OKLAHOMA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS||$5,000|
|CHOCTAW NATION OF OKLAHOMA||$5,000|
|MCCLENDON, AUBREY K||$5,000|
|OKLAHOMA INDEPENDENT PETROLEUM ASSOCIATION||$3,500|
|OKLAHOMA FARM BUREAU||$2,750|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chris + Benge + Oklahoma + Secretary"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Benge and his wife, Allison, have two children: Garrett and Hayden.
- Office of the Oklahoma Secretary of State
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Benge on LinkedIn
- Times Union, "Former OK House Speaker named secretary of state," October 23, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Chris Benge's Biography," accessed October 23, 2013
- Edmond Sun, "Fallin names Benge as secretary of state," October 23, 2013
- Oklahoma House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- "2008 campaign contributions"
- 2008 contributions
Larry Parman (R)
|Oklahoma Secretary of State
| Succeeded by|
|Oklahoma House of Representatives - District 68
| Succeeded by|
Glen Mulready (R)