|Iowa State Senate District 46|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Brase served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Labor and Business Relations|
|• Local Government, Vice-chair|
|• Natural Resources & Environment|
Brase's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Putting Iowa families ahead of partisan politics.
- Excerpt:"He’ll work with anyone who has a good idea – Republican or Democrat – and stand up to partisan politics on behalf of Iowa families. Protecting Iowa families is what he’s been trained to do."
Honoring Iowa veterans.
- Excerpt:"Push for discounted tuition rates at Iowa colleges for returning veterans to transition back into Iowa’s workforce. Ensure banks can’t foreclose on soldiers while they’re in combat."
Chris Brase’s Plan for Iowa Families
- Excerpt:"Cut property taxes for middle class families and local businesses and push for more low-interest loans for Main Street businesses."
Chris Brase’s Plan for Iowa's Future
- Excerpt:"Link skilled workforce training at community colleges to local businesses so students are prepared for area jobs and are ready to hire upon graduation."
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
Brase ran in the 2012 election for Iowa State Senate District 46. Brase ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012, and defeated District 42 incumbent Shawn Hamerlinck in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa State Senate, District 46, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Shawn Hamerlinck Incumbent||46.6%||13,950|
Comprehensive donor information for Brase is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Brase raised a total of $417,177 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|Chris Brase's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Iowa State Senate, District 46||$417,177|
|Grand Total Raised||$417,177|
2012Brase won election to the Iowa State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Brase raised a total of $417,177.
|Iowa State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Chris Brase's campaign in 2012|
|Iowa Democratic Party||$323,922|
|Food & Commercial Workers District 431||$10,000|
|Iowa Federation of Labor Afl-Cio||$5,000|
|Quad City Federation of Labor||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$417,177|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Chris + Brase + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Profile from the Iowa State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Chris Brase on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- chrisbraseforiowasenate.com, "Official Campaign Website," accessed April 8, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed October 1, 2014
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed April 17, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Brase, Chris," accessed September 19, 2013
Gene Fraise (D)
|Iowa State Senate District 46
| Succeeded by|