For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Florida House of Representatives District 34|
|November 2007 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Florida (1998)|
|Master's||Duke University (2006)|
|Date of birth||June 17, 1976|
|Place of birth||Fort Lauderdale, Florida|
|Profession||Real Estate Investor|
Dorworth serves as Chair of the Seminole Community College District Board of Trustees, on the Board of Directors of the Seminole County Regional Chamber of Commerce and Chair of the Seminole Soil and Water Conservation District.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Dorworth served on these committees:
- Economic Affairs
- Finance & Tax, Vice Chair
- Rules & Calendar
- Subcommittee on Community and Military Affairs
- Subcommittee on Rulemaking and Regulation, Chair
- Subcommittee on Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Dorworth served on these committees:
- Economic Development & Community Affairs Policy Council
- Finance & Tax Council
- Health Care Services Policy Committee
- Military & Local Affairs Policy Committee (Vice Chair)
- State Universities & Private Colleges Appropriations Committee
Dorworth did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Dorworth's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 497 - "Paid Petition Circulators: Provides registration & training requirements for paid petition circulators; prohibits compensation to those not properly registered"
- HB 561 - "Carrying of Concealed Weapons or Firearms: Provides that any county court judge, circuit court judge, district court of appeal judge, justice of Supreme Court, federal district court judge, or federal court of appeals judge serving in this state, or such a judge who is retired or on senior status, & in compliance with specified requirements shall be allowed to carry concealed weapon or firearm at any time & into any place or facility in state"
- HB 1091 - "Use of Hoax Firearms: Defines term "hoax firearm" for specified purposes; revises provisions relating to robbery, carjacking, & home-invasion robbery to provide increased penalties when hoax firearm is carried in course of committing offense; conforms provision."
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Dorworth ran in the 2012 election for Florida House of Representatives District 29. Dorworth defeated John Moffitt and Jeffrey Onest in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012, and was defeated by Mike Clelland (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 29, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Chris Dorworth Incumbent||49.9%||36,837|
|Florida House of Representatives, District 29 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Chris Dorworth Incumbent||58.1%||6,893|
Dorworth won re-election to the 34th District seat in 2010. He did not have any opposition in the August 24 primary. Dorworth defeated Steven Douglas Barnes, who ran for the seat on the Democratic ticket, and John DeVries, who ran for the Florida Tea Party. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
| Florida House of Representatives, District 34 |
2010 General election results
|Chris Dorworth (R)||21,853||52.42%|
|Steven Douglas Barnes (D)||17,169||41.19%|
|John DeVries (Tea)||2,665||6.39%|
In 2010, Dorworth raised $338,567 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Florida Republican Party||$32,342|
|Hospital Corp Of America||$4,000|
|Florida Chamber Of Commerce||$3,000|
|Florida Cable Telecommunications Association||$3,000|
Below are Dorworth's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|FL Chamber of Commerce||$1,083|
|FL Home Builders Assoc||$1,000|
|FL Association of Insurance Agents||$1,000|
|Bright House Networks||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Chris + Dorworth + Florida + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida State Legislature
- Florida House of Representatives
- Florida House Committees
- Florida state legislative districts
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Chris Dorworth on Twitter
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed December 16, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Issue Positions," accessed December 16, 2014
- Florida Secretary of State Election Division, "Candidate List," accessed June 21, 2012
- Florida Election Watch, "2010 Election results," accessed December 16, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 Contributions," accessed December 16, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
|Florida House of Representatives District 34
| Succeeded by|
Jimmie Todd Smith (R)
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |