|Former candidate for|
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||John Marshall High School|
|Bachelor's||Wheeling Jesuit University|
|J.D.||University of Dayton School of Law|
|Place of birth||Glen Dale|
Elswick graduated from John Marshall High School in 1994. He earned his B.S. in Innovation and Technology from Wheeling Jesuit University in 1998 and his J.D. from the University of Dayton School of Law in 2001. Elswick has been the energy associate attorney for Steptoe & Johnson PLLC since 2012.
Elswick's campaign website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Encourage Economic Development
- Excerpt: "I will do what I can to encourage economic growth in Ohio County. I will listen to existing business owners and industry leaders to learn what assistance they need from the Legislature to not only remain viable in Ohio County, but to expand their operations. I will examine the roadblocks preventing new business and industry from taking root in Ohio County and then sponsor legislation to reduce or remove those roadblocks."
- Enhance Education
- Excerpt: "Ohio County has a history of providing a quality public education to our children. My wife and I purchased a home in Ohio County, in part, so that my step-son could attend Ohio County Schools. As a Delegate, I will do everything that I can to provide our schools with the necessary resources to provide a quality education. I support teacher pay raises, but recognize that it will be necessary to be creative about finding ways to fund the same. I will listen to school teachers, administrators and staff to learn what issues they face and what I can do to assist them."
- Support Seniors and Vetrans
- Excerpt: "I consider our senior citizens and veterans to be special populations in our society who have already provided great service and deserve special accommodations. I believe we should provide tax incentives to encourage seniors to stay in Ohio County. We should be creative in attracting retirees. I believe we must provide veterans with education assistance and job retraining opportunities. Also, we must do what we can to provide counseling and other forms of assistance to those who have served."
- Promote Quality of Life
- Excerpt: "I am thankful for the quality of life we have here in Ohio County. Whether it's theater and performing arts, sporting events, recreational sports, museums and culture, historical sites, gambling and greyhound races, or shopping, Ohio County has much to offer its residents. I want to do everything that I can to encourage our residents to support these activities that are just next door, while also encouraging folks from other parts of West Virginia and our neighboring states to stop in and take a look."
Elections for the office of West Virginia House of Delegates took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 13, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 25, 2014. District 3 is represented by two delegates. Holli Smith and Shawn Fluharty defeated Dave Palmer in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Erikka Storch and Dolph Santorine defeated Chris Elswick and Martin Sheehan in the Republican primary. Storch and Fluharty defeated Santorine and Smith in the general election. Incumbent Ryan Ferns (R) ran for District 5 of the West Virginia State Senate.
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 3 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 3 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Erikka Storch Incumbent||50.4%||2,123|
Elswick and his wife, Carley, live in Ohio County.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chris + Elswick + West + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- West Virginia State Legislature
- West Virginia state legislative districts
- West Virginia State Senate
- West Virginia State Senate elections, 2014
- West Virginia State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Chris Elswick on Facebook
- Chris Elswick on LinkedIn
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Candidate search," accessed April 30, 2014
- Chris Elswick for West Virginia House of Delegates, "About," accessed March 20, 2014
- LinkedIn, "Chris Elswick," accessed March 20, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 18, 2014
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |