Chris Harris (Kentucky)
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 93|
|January 1, 2015 - present|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Kentucky|
|J.D.||Northern Kentucky University|
|Place of birth||Belfry, Kentucky|
Harris earned his B.S. in accounting from the University of Kentucky in 1993. Upon graduation, he enrolled in law school at the Northern Kentucky Chase College of Law. He earned his J.D. in 1996.
Harris began his own general law practice in 1996. He has served as a Pike County Fiscal Court Magistrate since 2003. Harris also serves on the board of directors of the Kentucky Association of Counties.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Harris served on the following committees:
|Kentucky Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Banking and Insurance|
|• Natural Resources and Environment, Vice Chair|
|• Tourism Development and Energy|
|• Banking and Insurance|
|• Economic Development and Tourism|
|• Natural Resources and Environment|
Elections for the office of Kentucky House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 28, 2014. Chris Harris defeated incumbent W. Keith Hall in the Democratic primary. Harris was unchallenged in the general election.
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 93 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|W. Keith Hall||48.6%||3,642|
Harris and his wife, Leslie, live with their three children in Forest Hills, Kentucky.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chris + Harris + Kentucky + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kentucky General Assembly
- Kentucky House of Representatives
- Kentucky House Committees
- Kentucky Joint Committees
- Kentucky state legislative districts
- Lexington Herald-Leader, "Ethics a key issue in hotly contested Democratic primary for E. Ky. state House seat," May 7, 2014
- Kentucky Legislature - Representative Chris Harris (D)
- Official campaign website
- Chris Harris on Facebook
- Chris Harris on YouTube
- Official candidate list
- Facebook: "Chris Harris for State Representative, About," accessed February 2, 2014
- cn 2, "Pike Magistrate Chris Harris to file for seat held by Rep. Keith Hall," January 9, 2014
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings with the Office of the Secretary of State," accessed October 29, 2014
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary Election Results," accessed October 29, 2014
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Official 2014 General Election Results," accessed December 5, 2014
State of Kentucky
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor Cabinet | Chairman of Public Services |