|Louisville City Council, District 9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||George Washington University|
|J.D.||Northern Kentucky University|
Hartley was born in Louisville, Kentucky. He earned a B.A. in international affairs from George Washington University in 2006 and a J.D. from Northern Kentucky University in 2009. His professional experience includes working as an assistant Jefferson County prosecutor and as a lawyer at The Zoppoth Law Firm with a specialization in business litigation.
On his campaign website, Hartley addressed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Neighborhoods are the foundation of all great cities. Our neighborhoods create the positive energy essential to the well being of our outstanding community. I will work with local leaders to ensure that our neighborhoods remain viable."
- Excerpt: "While large corporations attract many new residents to Louisville, it's our neighborhood independant businesses that create the quality of life that makes these new residents want to stay and raise their families here. Let's support the small businesses that have already located in the 9th District through engagement and continued financial support. Then, let's support efforts to attract new neighborhood entrepreneurs that will complement our already vibrant business corridors."
- Excerpt: "District 9 has been the model for community-wide sustainability. I support the expansion of the Green Triangle initiative, the Tree Canopy Project, landscaped traffic circles, and the preservation and maintenance of all public green space, including our parks."
VA Hospital Relocation
- Excerpt: "The VA Hospital on Zorn Avenue has delivered quality care to our deserving veterans for generations. The Federal Government has made the decision to relocate the hospital. I want to work with residents to make sure that the building and grounds are not abandoned and fall into disrepair. It will take community engagement to ensure that the property is transitioned and repurposed from a hospital into a productive and mutually beneficial enterprise."
A democratic primary election for the city council of Louisville, Kentucky took place on May 20, 2014. Bill Hollander defeated Stephen P. Imhoff, Greg Bourke, Bette Niemi, Jane Natalie Bennett, Jason Clark, Benjamin Vaughan, Jonathan Mussel White, J.P. Davis, Mike Brooks, Geoffrey Morris, Chris Hartley and Mollie Younger Noe. Hollander will face Laura A. Rice (R) in the November 4 general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chris + Hartley + Louisville"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Louisville, Kentucky
- Louisville, Kentucky city council elections, 2014
- United States municipal elections, 2014
- Campaign Website "About," accessed on August 6, 2014
- The Zoppoth Law Firm "Attorney Profiles," accessed on August 6, 2014
- Campaign Website "Issues," accessed on August 6, 2014
- Kentucky State Board of Elections, "2014 Kentucky Election Calendar," accessed January 31, 2014
- Louisville/Jefferson County Election Center, "Jefferson County Candidate Filings," accessed January 31, 2014
- Louisville/Jefferson County Election Center, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed May 20, 2014