Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Board member, Fox Board of Education, At-large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||April 8, 2014|
|Next general||April 7, 2015|
Hastings previously ran unsuccessfully for an at-large seat on the board on April 8, 2014.
- See also: Fox C-6 School District elections (2015)
The election in Fox features two seats up for general election on April 7, 2015. Incumbent David Palmer is running for re-election against challengers Robin Hanson, Chris Hastings, Mark Jones, Drew Kriese and Sherry Poppen for the two at-large seats.
- See also: Fox C-6 School District elections (2014)
Hastings ran against incumbent John Laughlin and fellow challengers Mark Jones, Dawn Mullins, Vernon Sullivan and write-in candidate Robert Gruenewald in the general election on April 8, 2014. Laughlin, Mullins and Sullivan won the three at-large seats.
|Fox C-6 School District, At-Large General Election, 3-year term, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||John Laughlin Incumbent||20.2%||2,190|
|Source: Jefferson County Election Board, "April 8, 2014 General Municipal Election," accessed February 25, 2015|
Hastings did not receive any official endorsements for his campaign.
About the district
- See also: Fox C-6 School District, Missouri
Jefferson County underperformed compared to the rest of Missouri in terms of higher education achievement in 2013. The United States Census Bureau found that 17.4 percent of county residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 26.2 percent for Missouri as a whole. The median household income in Jefferson County was $54,845 compared to $47,380 for the state of Missouri. The poverty rate was 11.3 percent compared to 15.5 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the terms "Chris Hastings Fox School District ."
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of Google's news search engine.
- Fox C-6 School District, Missouri
- Fox C-6 School District elections (2014)
- Fox C-6 School District elections (2015)
- Missouri Ethics Commission, "Candidate Information," accessed February 13, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Jefferson County, Missouri," accessed February 3, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed April 22, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Missouri Election Results," accessed January 23, 2015
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|2015 Fox C-6 School District Elections|
|Jefferson County, Missouri|
|Election date:||April 7, 2015|
|Candidates:||At-large: • Incumbent, David Palmer • Robin Hanson • Chris Hastings • Mark Jones • Drew Kriese • Sherry Poppen|
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|
|2014 Fox C-6 School District Elections|
|Jefferson County, Missouri|
|Election date:||April 8, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: • Incumbent, John Laughlin • Chris Hastings • Mark Jones • Dawn Mullins • Vernon Sullivan|
|Important information:||What was at stake? • Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|