|Virginia House of Delegates District 76|
|1998 - Present|
|January 13, 2016|
|Years in position||15|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Next election||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||Medical College of Virginia, School of Pharmacy, 1982|
|Place of birth||Suffolk, VA|
Jones earned his B.S. from the Medical College of Virginia, School of Pharmacy in 1982. His professional experience includes working as a pharmacist, assistant professor , and president of Bennett's Creek Pharmacy.
In the 2012-2013 session, Jones served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Jones served on the following committees:
- General Laws, Chair
- Privileges and Elections
- Elections Subcommittee
- Compensation and Retirement Subcommittee, Chair
- Capital Outlay Subcommittee
- Health and Human Resources Subcommittee
- Higher Education Subcommittee
- HB 2210 Enforcement of traffic light signals; allows law-enforcement officers to arrest or detain persons.
- HB 2639 Freedom of Information Act; exempts certain records of Department of Veterans Services, etc.
- HB 2648 Absentee ballots; methods for counting.
Jones won re-election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 76. Jones ran unopposed in the June 11 Republican primary. He was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 5, 2013.
In 2009, Jones was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates.
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 76 (2009)|
|Chris Jones (R)||21,210|
In 2011, Jones received $410,228 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Chris Jones's campaign in 2011|
|Virginia Beer Wholsalers Assoc Inc||$18,750|
|Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association||$11,883|
|Virginia Wine Wholesalers Assoc Inc-PAC||$11,000|
|Virginia Dental Association||$9,310|
|Virginia Health Care Association||$8,500|
|Total Raised in 2011||$410,228|
The top five donors to Jones' 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Wine Wholesalers Association||$12,500|
|Virginia Beer Wholesalers Association Inc.||$7,500|
|Virginia Dental Association||$5,000|
|Virginia Automobile and Truck Dealers Assoc PAC||$4,000|
Jones and his wife, Karen, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chris + Jones + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Jones named appropriations chair - Suffolk News-Herald
- Suffolk's Jones named chairman of powerful committee - The Virginian-Pilot
- East Tennessee, Experience it All! (Part Two) - Philadelphia Sunday Sun
- Jaguars hand Texans 11th straight loss, 27-20 - Knoe.com
- John Boehner Sends House Republicans to Charm School to Learn How to Talk ... - PoliticusUSA
- Students Whip Wedding Cakes for Finals - Indian Country Today Media Network
- Pittsburgh Steelers: 5 Top Candidates to Replace Todd Haley This Offseason - Bleacher Report
- On stage: Holiday shows, plays and more through Dec. 31 - Dallas Morning News
- Wednesday Morning Cardinal News And Notes - Card Chronicle
- Craven County arrests and citations for Dec. 4 - New Bern Sun Journal
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Delegate Chris Jones official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Jones
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Wikipedia page
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Delegate Jones
- ↑ Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- ↑ Virginia Board of Elections, “Official Results - 2013 General Election," accessed December 2, 2013
- ↑ Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- ↑ Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 76
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |