Chris Kalani Manabat
|Chris Kalani Manabat|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Hawaii House of Representatives District 40|
|Profession||State Capitol Office Manager|
Manabat's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Public Infrastructure
- Excerpt: "Ewa Beach is one of the oldest communities on Oahu and so are our public infrastructures. If elected, I plan to fight for funding to improve our sidewalks, sewers, roads, and schools."
- Excerpt: "As a parent, I will fight to protect our children's education. Even if you aren't a parent yourself, the students of now will someday be the future, as we were before them. That being said, their education must be a top priority."
- Security & Safety
- Excerpt: "Everyone wants to feel safe at home and outside. With increased police presence, the response time of officers will be shorter and individuals will think twice before committing a crime, knowing a police officer is nearby."
- Illegal dumping
- Excerpt: "Living in Hawaii, we have a beautiful home. However, if there is trash all over our roadways, it takes away from the beauty of our island home. I want to pass legislation making the penalty for dumping harsh enough to highly deter people from dumping on the streets."
- Job Creation
- Excerpt: "Cost of living here in Hawaii is very high. Everyone needs a job to survive. Any legislation that has tax breaks for small businesses or helps to create jobs has my vote."
Manabat ran in the 2012 election for Hawaii House of Representatives District 40. Manabat defeated Kurt Fevella, Rose Martinez, Romy Mindo, Sam Puletasi, and Joe Rattner in the August 11 Democratic primary and was defeated by Bob McDermott (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 40, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Bob McDermott Incumbent||51.1%||3,249|
|Democratic||Chris Kalani Manabat||48.9%||3,107|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Chris + Manabat + Hawaii + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Christopher Kalani C. Manabat, "About Us," accessed October 3, 2012
- State of Hawaii: Office of Elections, "Federal/State/County Candidates, 2012 Primary Elections," retrieved June 11, 2012
- Hawaii Secretary of State - Official 2012 Primary Results
- State of Hawaii Office of Elections, “Hawaii General 2012 - State of Hawaii – Statewide,” November 20, 2012