Chris Lette recall, Udall, Kansas (2010)
- Votes to recall Lette: 88
- Votes to keep Lette: 178
Udall was elected to be the city's mayor in 2008 with no opposition.
Gina Hoffman, a spokesperson for the Udall Recall Committee, said, "Since Mr. Lette has been in office, at least seven employees have left, some with more than 10 years of experience, items have been purchased without the vote of council, and (the Kansas Open Meeting Act) has been violated numerous times."
Path to the ballot
81 signatures were submitted to force the recall election. 32 valid signatures were required.
- Political recall efforts, 2010
- Recall campaigns in Kansas
- Mayoral recalls
- Cowley County, Kansas ballot measures
- Associated Press, "Udall to conduct August recall election for mayor", June 2, 2010
- KAKE, "Udall Voters Decide Not to Recall Mayor", August 2010
- Nebraska TV, "Udall to conduct August recall election for mayor", June 2, 2010
- Winfield Daily Courier, "‘The citizens came to us,’ Udall petitioner says", June 3, 2010
- Winfield Daily Courier, "Petition to recall Udall mayor filed", June 1, 2010