|Bellevue School District, District 3|
|Years in position||10|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
Marks worked for 25 years as a technician and manager of an immunochemistry laboratory prior to her retirement. She and her husband have four children who have attended district schools.
Marks ran for a third full term on the board without opposition in the November 5, 2013 general election.
|Bellevue School District, Four-year term, District 3, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Chris Marks Incumbent||99%||21,039|
|Source: King County Elections, "Certified Results," November 25, 2013|
Marks reported no contributions or expenditures to the Washington Public Disclosure Commission.
Marks won a second full term on the board without opposition in the November 3, 2009 general election.
|Bellevue Board of Directors, District 3, November 3, 2009|
|Nonpartisan||Chris Marks Incumbent||98.8%||22,576|
|Source: King County Elections|
What was at stake?
Incumbent Marks sought a third term without opposition in District 3. Tracy Trojovsky and Krischanna Roberson ran for an unexpired two-year term in District 4 left open by the resignation of current member Michael Murphy. The District 5 race to replace outgoing member Paul Mills included newcomers Ed Luera and My-Linh Thai.
About the district
- See also: Bellevue School District, Washington
Bellevue outperforms state averages for higher education achievement, median income and poverty. The percentage of city residents over 25 years old with undergraduate degrees (60.7%) exceeds the state average (31.4%). The 2010 U.S. Census calculated Bellevue's median income at $84,503, while the state median income was $58,890. Bellevue had a poverty rate of 6.6% in the 2010 U.S. Census while the state rate was 12.5%.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chris + Marks + Bellevue + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Washington school districts
- Bellevue School District, Washington
- Bellevue School District elections (2013)
- Bellevue School District, "Board Member: Chris Marks," Accessed August 20, 2013
- Washington Public Disclosure Commission, "Local Candidates," Accessed December 17, 2013
- King County Elections, "November 3, 2009 General Election," Accessed August 20, 2013
- Bellevue Patch, "Bellevue School Board Member Mike Murphy to Resign," March 26, 2013
- U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Bellevue," Accessed August 20, 2013
- King County Elections, "Election Archive," Accessed August 1, 2013