|North Carolina House of Representatives District 16|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||North Carolina State University|
Millis received an undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering from North Carolina State University. He is a civil engineer.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Millis served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Job Development, Vice Chair|
|• Public Utilities and Energy|
|• Regulatory Reform|
|• State Personnel|
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Chris Millis was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Steve Unger was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Unger and Millis will face off in the general election.
Mills ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 16. He defeated Jeff Howell and Timothy Thomas in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 16, General Election, 2012|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 16 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Millis is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Millis raised a total of $27,387 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 29, 2013.
|Chris Millis's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 16||$27,387|
|Grand Total Raised||$27,387|
2012Millis won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Millis raised a total of $27,387.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Chris Millis's campaign in 2012|
|Millis Jr, Penny S||$1,000|
|Justice, Carolyn H||$900|
|Total Raised in 2012||$27,387|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Millis and his wife, Tonya, have one child. They currently reside in Hampstead, North Carolina.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Chris + Millis + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Chris Millis on Facebook
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 General Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed June 22, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Millis, Christopher Wayne," accessed August 29, 2013
Carolyn Justice (R)
|North Carolina House - District 16
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |