Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, California, District 24|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||June 3, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Pennsylvania|
|Birthday||October 16, 1943|
|Place of birth||Los Angeles, CA|
He also ran for the 24th Congressional District seat in 2012 but was not successful.
Mitchum's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "California's agriculture industry suffers severely from excess regulation at all levels of government. For example, water is absolutely essential to grow anything, yet excessive environmental legislation combined with an activist judiciary and a non-native smelt are turning thousands upon thousands of acres of farmland in the Central Valley into a dust bowl."
- Excerpt: "Running a household, running a business or how much you have for lunch – we have all had to deal with a budget. The issue is always, “How much is there to spend?” Spending more than they have, Congress is out of control. I support a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution and the Mack-Penny plan, authored by Congressman Connie Mack of Florida."
- Defense & National Security
- Excerpt: "In the preamble to the Constitution, a primary reason for establishing our government is “for the common defense” of the country. It is incumbent upon government to keep our military as strong and as ready as possible."
- Excerpt: "The deterioration of the quality of education in the United States is a long-term economic problem. UNESCO’s Institute for Statistics shows the U.S. leading the world spending 5.4% of GDP on education. Yet, in 2011, the SAT scores are the worst in history. Why? I would place the majority of the blame at the feet of teacher’s unions."
- Excerpt: "We need to develop all energy sources, oil, natural gas, coal, biofuels, wind, nuclear, and hydro. The marketplace will decide which is the most effective but the exploration of all will create jobs, lower energy prices, stimulate growth, increase government revenues, strengthen the dollar and, ultimately, make our nation more secure."
Mitchum is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 24th District. Mitchum is running in the blanket primary on June 3, 2014. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.
According to the Washington Post, the 24th was a battleground district in 2012. District 23 incumbent Lois Capps, displaced into the 24th with redistricting, found herself running in a district that is nearly evenly split Democratic and Republican. She formerly had a Democratic advantage in the double-digits.
|Chris Mitchum (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2013||$2,346||$0||$(0)||$2,346|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2013||$2,346||$0||$(1,760)||$585|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2013||$585||$2,454||$(1,291)||$1,747|
|Year-End||January 29, 2014||$1,747||$740||$(773)||$1,714|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chris + Mitchum + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Results are unavailable right now. Please check back later.
- United States House of Representatives
- California's 24th Congressional District elections, 2014
- California's 24th Congressional District
- Campaign website, Issues
- California Secretary of State, Official candidate list
- Unofficial election results
- Washington Post blog "The 10 House districts that might surprise you," May 11, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Chris Mitchum April Quarterly," accessed February 10, 2014
- Federal Election Commission "Chris Mitchum July Quarterly," accessed February 10, 2014
- Federal Election Commission "Chris Mitchum October Quarterly," accessed February 10, 2014
- Federal Election Commission "Chris Mitchum Year-End," accessed February 10, 2014