Chris Murphy (South Carolina)
|South Carolina House District 98|
|2010 - Present|
|November 10, 2014|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||The Citadel, 1990|
|J.D.||Mississippi College, 1995|
Murphy graduated with a B.A. from The Citadel in 1990. He earned his J.D. from Mississippi College in 1995.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Murphy served on the following committees:
|South Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Murphy served on the following committees:
|South Carolina Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agriculture, Natural Resources & Environmental Affairs|
|South Carolina House of Representatives, District 98, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Chris Murphy Incumbent||98.9%||10,233|
Murphy defeated Larry Hargett in the June 8 primary.
|South Carolina House of Representatives, District 98 (2010)|
|Chris Murphy (R)||8,318||62.96%|
|Christine Jackson (D)||4,877||36.92%|
Comprehensive donor information for Murphy is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Murphy raised a total of $85,451 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 10, 2013.
|Chris Murphy's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Carolina State House, District 98||$15,726|
|2010||South Carolina State House, District 98||$69,725|
|Grand Total Raised||$85,451|
2012Murphy won re-election to the South Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Murphy raised a total of $15,726.
|South Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Chris Murphy (South Carolina)'s campaign in 2012|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield||$1,500|
|South Carolina Farm Bureau||$1,000|
|Carolina Commerce Fund||$1,000|
|Bah Management Corp||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$15,726|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Murphy won election to the South Carolina House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Murphy raised a total of $69,725.
|South Carolina House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Chris Murphy (South Carolina)'s campaign in 2010|
|House Republican Caucus of South Carolina||$5,000|
|Palmetto Leadership Council||$2,000|
|South Carolina Association of Realtors||$2,000|
|Givens, Ronnie M||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$69,725|
|Source:Follow the Money|
The Palmetto Liberty PAC Scorecard
The Palmetto Liberty Political Action Committee, a conservative pro-limited government think tank in South Carolina, releases its Scorecard for South Carolina Representatives and Senators once a year. The Scorecard gives each a legislator a score based on how they voted in the two-year legislative term prior to the election on specific issues which the Palametto Liberty PAC thought were anti-limited government. "Most of the votes shown on the score card are votes that we lost. Now we can identify the Legislators that caused us to lose these votes. These Legislators are the ones who need to be replaced if we are to achieve the vision of having the most free state in the nation."
Chris Murphy received a score of 20% in the 2012 scorecard, ranking 66th out of all 124 South Carolina House of Representatives members. His score was followed by representatives James Neal (20%), Andy Patrick (20%), and Michael Pitts (20%).
Murphy is married to Maite. They have two children, Christopher A. and Jackson F.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chris + Murphy + South + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Valessa Robinson, Woman Who Helped Friends Kill Her Mother, Set To Be ... - Huffington Post
- 8th Grader Expelled After Threatening To Kill Classmates And Make Them Into ... - Huffington Post
- 249 Children Abused In State Custody In Massachusetts: Report - Huffington Post
- Female Body Found Near Gurnee Home Identified By Coroner As Anne Stroll ... - Huffington Post
- Female Body Found Near Gurnee Home Of Anne Stroll, Missing Illinois Woman - Huffington Post
- BLATANT HOMERISM: FLORIDA STATE - EDSBS
- Landry Thompson, 13, Taken Into Custody After Dozing Off In Dance Instructor's ... - Huffington Post
- Kerry: 'Verification is the key' in Iran nuclear deal - USA TODAY
- Cami Umbarger, Children, Found Dead, Suspect In Custody - Huffington Post
- Real estate transfers May 2013 - Montgomery Newspapers
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- South Carolina House of Representative - Rep. Chris Murphy
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010
- ↑ AP.org "South Carolina State Senate and State House Election Results" Accessed November 7, 2012
- ↑ South Carolina State Election Commission "2012 Candidates," Accessed April 24, 2012
- ↑ South Carolina general election results
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "Murphy, Chris," accessed July 10, 2013
- ↑ Race 4 2012 "Perry Unveils Endorsements From 21 SC State Legislators," September 21, 2011
- ↑ The Palmetto Liberty Political Action Committee, "Voting Records"
- ↑ Palmetto Liberty Political Action Committee: South Carolina House Scorecard 2012, 2012
- ↑ Palmetto Liberty Political Action Committee: South Carolina House Score Card 2012, 2012
Annette Young (R)
|South Carolina House of Representatives District 98
| Succeeded by|
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |