|Missouri Commissioner of Education|
|2009 - Present|
|Years in position||5|
|Master's||University of Missouri-St. Louis|
|Ph.D.||St. Louis University|
Prior to her appointment by the State Board of Education in 2009, Nicastro worked as a teacher and administrator in the Missouri public school system for nearly four decades. Her credentials as an educator include certifications as a teacher, principal and superintendent in the state of Missouri, as well as a Ph.D in educational administration.
- Bachelor's degree in history - Indiana University
- Master’s degree in educational administration- - University of Missouri-St. Louis
- Ph.D. in educational administration - St. Louis University.
Missouri Commissioner of Education (2009-present)
Nicastro was appointed to the state executive position of Commissioner of Education for the state of Missouri in July 2009. She reports to, and serves at the pleasure of, the State Board of Education, the body responsible for her appointment.
The State Board of Education appointed Nicastro Missouri's 5th Commissioner of Education in July 2009.
Nicastro and her husband, Charles, have three children and seven grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chris + Nicastro + Missouri + Education"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- In rare filing, state senator calls on Missouri education commissioner to resign - Kansas City Star
- Chris Nicastro needs to support KC school district, not fight its stability - Kansas City Star
- Nicastro continues her push for school reform - Kansas City Star
- DESE outlines proposals to fix failing districts - KSDK
- Normandy schools, going broke, at a crossroads: students could be dispersed - STLtoday.com
- Normandy schools face sobering short-term realities as long-term plans are ... - STLtoday.com
- U City state senator wants to strip state education board of accreditation powers - fox2now.com
- Path to improving Kansas City schools must pursue 'greater good' - Kansas City Star
- Failing Missouri School Districts Would Be Shut Down Under New Proposal - Education Week News (blog)
- All Normandy students to be transferred if district goes bankrupt - fox2now.com
|Missouri Commissioner of Education
| Succeeded by|