|Virginia House of Delegates District 97|
|January 25, 2006 - Present|
|January 13, 2016|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|First elected||January 2006|
|Next election||November 3, 2015|
|J.D.||University of Richmond|
|Place of birth||Richmond, VA|
Peace earned his B.A. in English from Hampden-Sydney College and his J.D. from the University of Richmond. Peace worked as a Multi-state Government Relations Consultant and attorney.
In the 2012-2013 session, Peace served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Peace served on the following committees:
- Courts of Justice
- Civil Law Subcommittee
- Mental Health Subcommittee
- Health, Welfare and Institutions
- Subcommittee #1
- General Laws
- Housing Subcommittee
- FOIA/Procurement Subcommittee
- Subcommittee #3, Chair
- Subcommittee #2
Illegal immigrants in public colleges
Peace pre-filed a bill to be sure those who are in the United States illegally are not admitted to public colleges in Virginia.
"There’s wide-spread sentiment that public benefit should not be going to those who are here illegally," Peace said.
Peace said he is sponsoring the bill to ensure taxpayers are receiving the benefits of the tax dollars they pay into the state’s institutions of higher learning.
"We’re not trying to be mean-spirited here," he said. "We're trying to open our doors to Virginians."
- HB 1940 Open Education Resource Center Grant Fund; established, development of two-year pilot project.
- HB 1942 Single-sex education; clarifies manner school boards may establish program in school division.
- HB 2436 Assault and battery; penalty when against emergency room personnel. 
Peace won re-election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 97. Peace ran unopposed in the June 11 Republican primary. He was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 5, 2013.
In 2009, Peace was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 97 (2009)|
|Chris Peace (R)||'|
In 2011, Peace received $188,807 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Chris Peace's campaign in 2011|
|Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association||$10,231|
|Virginia Medical Society||$4,500|
|Virginia Trial Lawyers Association||$3,500|
|Allen Allen Allen & Allen||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$188,807|
Listed below are the top five donors to Peace's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Hospital and Healthcare Association||$4,500|
|Medical Society of Virginia||$3,500|
|Allen Allen Allen and Allen||$3,300|
|Virginia Association of Realtors||$3,000|
|Virginia Optometric Association||$2,790|
Peace and his wife, Ashley, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chris + Peace + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Peace: Virginia honors Indian culture - Richmond Times Dispatch
- Paul Walker Crash Witnesses Say Massive Car Fire Prevented Anyone From ... - Huffington Post
- HealthCare.gov the least of ObamaCare's worries? What are Tehran's nuclear ... - Fox News
- A look at President Obama in the month of November - Baltimore Sun (blog)
- Pinellas real estate listings for Dec. 4 - Tampabay.com (blog)
- Frances (Fran) Nye - Valley News
- What the Leaked JD Salinger Stories Reveal About the Author - Daily Beast
- Congressmen Seek Medal For World War II-Era US Spy Agency - Huffington Post
- Rucker still giving back to UMW - Fredericksburg.com
- Today in Nebraska-December - Bellingham Herald
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Delegate Chris Peace official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Peace
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Chris Peace on Facebook
- Chris Peace on Twitter
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Delegate Peace
- ↑ "Bill to bar illegal immigrants from state colleges pre-filed for next session," Virginia Statehouse News, December 10, 2010
- ↑ Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- ↑ Virginia Board of Elections, “Official Results - 2013 General Election," accessed December 2, 2013
- ↑ Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- ↑ Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
- ↑ Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Virginia Leadership Team," December 29, 2011
|Virginia House of Delegates District 97
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |