|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Plaunt's campaign website highlights the following issues:
Creating a Strong Economy and Great Jobs
- Excerpt: "Close the skills gap. The Green Bay area has always been a manufacturing community. Our employers need employees with the proper education to operate and maintain the machinery which drives our manufacturing business. We must invest in more programs which teach these technical skills and increase awareness of placement programs for these students so they can find employment immediately upon graduation. By creating more skilled grads, our local manufacturers will be able to invest and grow along with the community."
Reduce Government Spending
- Excerpt: "Reduce spending in corrections and law enforcement through sentencing reform. By decreasing terms of incarceration of non-violent drug offenders and increasing parole or probation as well as fines, we can reduce the cost of our correction system. Currently Wisconsin has close to 20,000 inmates and spends roughly $38,000.00 per year per inmate. With nearly 25% of our prison population incarcerate for non-violent offenses, the potential savings to the state could be well over $100 million dollars."
Educating Our Young Generation
- Excerpt: "Curriculum Reform. Our schools have been increasingly focused on testing, so much so that we have neglected teaching students the basic life skills necessary for our children to succeed as they become adults. Schools should be required to teach basic skills such as managing debt, different types of mortgages, investments, different types insurance policies, and so on. This will give students the knowledge they need to enter into the world and become independent members of society."
Preserving Our Environment
- Excerpt: "Renewable energy. As we move into the future and fossil fuels continues to become more scarce, we need to ensure our communities will have a reliable source of energy. By investing in renewable energy, we will create jobs both in the manufacturing of and servicing of renewable energy products. This will also allows up to develop an infrastructure necessary to propel us into the future."
Protecting the Constitutional Rights of All
- Excerpt: "Gun rights. As an avid hunter and shooter, I support the right of Wisconsinite's to keep and bear arms. I would not support any legislation which infringes on that right."
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for all 99 seats in the Wisconsin State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Chris Plaunt was unopposed in the Democratic primary. David Steffen defeated Corrie Campbell and Jeff Goelz in the Republican primary. Plaunt will face Steffen in the general election.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 4 Republican Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Chris + Plaunt + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Wisconsin State Assembly
- Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin Government Accountability, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Chris Plaunt, "My Values," accessed October 24, 2014
- Milwaukee Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, "Wisconsin 2014 fall primary election results," accessed August 12, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "2014 Partisan Primary Candidates," accessed June 19, 2014
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |