|Ohio House of Representatives District 89|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 80|
|Ottawa County Commissioner|
|Bachelor's||Bowling Green State University|
|Master's||Bowling Green State University|
Redfern earned his bachelor's and master's degrees from Bowling Green State University. He previously served as an Ottawa County Commissioner.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Redfern served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Incumbent Chris Redfern was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Steven Kraus was unopposed in the Republican primary. Redfern and Kraus will face off in the general election.
Redfern won election in the 2012 election for Ohio House, District 89. He was unopposed in the March 6 Democratic primary election and defeated Donald J. Janik (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 89, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Donald J. Janik||38.6%||22,600|
Comprehensive donor information for Redfern is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Redfern raised a total of $163,500 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 5, 2013.
|Chris Redfern's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Ohio State House, District 89||$163,500|
|Grand Total Raised||$163,500|
2012Redfern won election to the Ohio State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Redfern raised a total of $163,500.
|Ohio State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Chris Redfern's campaign in 2012|
|Ohio Democratic Party||$28,931|
|Ohio Association of Public School Employees||$13,500|
|Ohio Civil Service Employees Association Local 11||$11,544|
|Total Raised in 2012||$163,500|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Redfern and his wife, Kim, have one daughter. They currently reside in Catawba, Ohio.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chris + Redfern + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Ohio General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Ohio state legislative districts
- Profile from the Ohio House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Republican Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio official results for 2012 General Election," accessed June 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Redfern, Chris," accessed June 5, 2013
- Eriecountydems.org, "Chris Redfern - Candidate for State House Representative - 89th District," accessed September 28, 2012
|Ohio House of Representatives - District 89
| Succeeded by|
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |