Chris Sullivan (South Carolina House of Representatives)
|South Carolina House of Representatives, District 17|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||March 12, 2013|
|Place of birth||Greenville, SC|
|(dead link) Campaign website|
Sullivan ran in a special election for South Carolina House of Representatives District 17. The seat was vacant following Tom Corbin's (R) resignation on November 12, 2012, after he won election to both the House and the state Senate on November 6. Sullivan faced Roy Harmon, Tom Kolarik, Mike Burns and Randall Young in the Republican primary on January 11, 2013. Mike Burns missed winning outright by one vote and went to a runoff with Sullivan, which Burns won.
|South Carolina House of Representatives, District 17 Runoff Republican Primary, 2013|
|South Carolina House of Representatives, District 17 Republican Primary, 2013|
|South Carolina State Senate District 6 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Mike Fair Incumbent||78.4%||1,367|
Less than one week before the primary, one of Sullivan's opponents, Tommie Reece, was kicked off of the ballot due to an ongoing filing dispute in the state. Sullivan issued a statement the next day, saying, "Although Ms. Reece and I disagree on many issues, I am angry and outraged that she or anyone would be removed from the ballot at the last hour because of a minor and obscure legal technicality. All candidates deserve the opportunity to offer their views and ideas to the public. Likewise, the voters should be afforded as many choices as possible."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Chris + Sullivan + South Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- The Travelers Rest Tribune, "Upstate businessman to run for recently vacated S.C. House District 17 seat," November 14, 2012 (dead link)
- Taylors-Wade Hampton Patch, "Businessman Announces Bid For Vacated S.C. House Seat," November 15, 2012
- Travelers Rest Tribune, "Burns wins S.C. House District 17 Republican runoff," February 5, 2013 (dead link)
- scvotes.org, "Official Republican primary results," accessed November 18, 2013
- scvotes.org, "Official Republican runoff results," accessed November 18, 2013
- SC Votes, "Primary Results" June 12, 2012
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "2012 Candidates," accessed April 25, 2012
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "Official Primary Results," June 29, 2012
- sullivanforsc.com, "Campaign News," Accesssed June 8, 2012
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |