|West Virginia State Senate, District 8|
|December 1, 2012 – Present|
|December 1, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$131/day during session|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||West Virginia University|
|Place of birth||Charleston, West Virginia|
|Profession||Structured Settlement Consultant|
Walters' professional experience includes working as an associate at SFA Incorporated, owner of Jeffersonian Media, intern at British-Polish Chamber of Commerce, intern at Muzeum Powstania Warszwskiego, and intern at SFA Incorporated.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Walters served on the following committees:
|West Virginia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Natural Resources|
|• Economic Development|
|• Health and Human Resources|
|• Banking and Insurance|
|• Joint Judiciary|
Walters ran in the 2012 election for West Virginia State Senate, District 8. Walters ran unopposed in the May 8 primary election and defeated Joshua R. Martin in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|West Virginia State Senate, District 8, General Election, 2012|
Walters was defeated in the general election for District 44. He was defeated by Republican Amanda Pasdon, Democrat incumbents Barbara Fleischauer and Charlene Marshall, and Democrat Anthony P. "Tony" Barill. Walters was one of ten candidates running for the four positions in District 44 on the ballot in the November 2, 2010, general election. Only the top four vote-getters were elected. He defeated Republican James Elvwas austin in the May 11 primary.
Comprehensive donor information for Walters is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Walters raised a total of $93,619 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 24, 2013.
|Chris Walters's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||West Virginia State Senate, District 8||$60,117|
|2010||West Virginia State House, District 44||$33,502|
|Grand Total Raised||$93,619|
2012Walters won election to the West Virginia State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Walters raised a total of $60,117.
|West Virginia State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Chris Walters's campaign in 2012|
|West Virginia Automobile & Truck Dealers Association||$2,000|
|West Virginia Bankers Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$60,117|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Walters lost the election for the West Virginia House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Walters raised a total of $33,502.
|West Virginia House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Chris Walters's campaign in 2010|
|Laurita Jr, James L||$1,000|
|Walters Jr, Ronald||$1,000|
|Walters Sr, Ron||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$33,502|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the West Virginia State Legislature was in session from January 8 through March 10.
- Regenerate WV - House only
- Legislators are scored on their votes for or against Regenerate WV's position.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on lawsuit-related legislation.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on the Water Resources Protection Act and its amendments.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chris + Walters + West + Virginia + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- West Virginia State Legislature
- West Virginia State Senate
- West Virginia Senate Committees
- West Virginia Joint Committees
- West Virginia state legislative districts
- Senate Office Website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010
- WBOY.com, "West Virginia General Election Results November 6, 2012," accessed November 7, 2012
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - General Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - Primary Election - May 8, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - General Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 11, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - Primary Election - May 11, 2010," accessed February 11, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Walters, Chris," accessed July 24, 2013
Corey Palumbo (D)
|West Virginia State Senate District 8
| Succeeded by|