|North Carolina House of Representatives District 113|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Transylvania County Board of Education|
|Bachelor's||U.S. Air Force Academy|
|Service/branch||U.S. Air Force|
|Years of service||1986-Present|
|Profession||Pilot/Real Estate Broker|
Whitmire received a B.S. in Civil Engineering from the U.S. Air Force Academy and his M.S. in Structural Engineering from Columbia University. Whitemire has worked as an airline pilot and real estate broker. He has achieved the rank of Lieutenant Colonel in the U.S. Air Force.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Whitmire served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Job Development|
|• Homeland Security, Military, and Veterans Affairs|
|• Public Utilities|
Whitmire describes himself as a fiscal and social conservative. He has stated, "I am dedicated to bringing jobs to Polk, Southern Henderson & Transylvania Counties with less burdensome regulation and lower taxes and protecting private property rights. Please send me to Raleigh so common sense & hard work can prevail & we can return to prosperity."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Chris Whitmire was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Norm Bossert was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Bossert and Whitmire will face off in the general election.
Whitmire ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 113. He defeated incumbent Trudi Walend in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012. He defeated George Alley (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 113 General Election, 2012|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 113 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Trudi Walend Incumbent||48.9%||6,169|
Comprehensive donor information for Whitmire is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Whitmire raised a total of $18,904 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 4, 2013.
|Chris Whitmire's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 113||$18,904|
|Grand Total Raised||$18,904|
2012Whitmire won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Whitmire raised a total of $18,904.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Chris Whitmire's campaign in 2012|
|Whitmire, James Christopher (Chris)||$4,629|
|Michael Dean Hager Campaign Fund||$1,013|
|North Carolina Farm Bureau||$1,000|
|Robert Rucho Cmte||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$18,904|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Chris + Whitmire + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- [Bio submission to Ballotpedia]
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results For 2014," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 General Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed June 22, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Whitmire, James Christopher," accessed September 4, 2013
Trudi Walend (R)
|North Carolina House - District 113
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |