|Candidate for Wisconsin State Assembly District 62
Wright has served on the Sturtevant Village Board since 2007.
Wright is Director of Admission for a Racine County College for Adults with Developmental Disabilities. He earned a B.A. in Christian Studies with a Minor in Sociology from Campbellsville University as well as a Certificate in Nonprofit Management from the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Wright ran in the 2010 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 62. Wright was defeated by Democratic incumbent Cory Mason in the general election on November 2, 2010. Wright was unopposed in the Republican primary election on September 14, 2010.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 62 General Election (2010)|
|Cory Mason (D)||10,455|
|Chris Wright (R)||8,572|
|Tony Decubellis (L)||403|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 62 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Chris Wright (R)||3,852||99.74%|
Wright's views on the major issues are as stated on his website:
- Budget - "We need to look for ways to streamline government and make it more efficient. "
- 2nd Amendment - "I support the right for all law abiding Americans to own and bear arms. I would also support allowing concealed carry in Wisconsin."
- Abortion - "I am 100% pro-life."
- School Choice - "support the expansion of school choice programs similar to MPS Parental Choice Program state wide."
- KRM and High Speed Rail - "While I appreciate the idea and theory behind commuter rail the reality does not match the theory. "
- Integrity in Government - "I would support an amendment that would not allow debate or voting between the hours of 11:00 PM and 7:00 AM."
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign website
- List of candidates certified for the November 2, 2010 general election in Wisconsin
- Project Vote Smart, List of Candidates for Wisconsin State Assembly in the November 2, 2010 election
- Wright's campaign website - About
- Republican Party of Racine County, "Chris Wright Announces Campaign for State Assembly," May 17, 2010
- JSOnline, "Fall 2010 general election results," November 2, 2010
- Government Accountability Board, Primary Election Results
- Wright's campaign website -The Issues
- The Journal Times.com, "The race for Assembly: Rep. Mason, De Cubellis and Wright," October 15, 2010
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |