Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Texas, District 11|
|Date of birth||April 20, 1963|
|Place of birth||Temple, TX|
Younts' campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "There is no budget, be it that of a single mom living on a fixed income or the government of a world power, which can bear relentless deficit spending. The recent decision of House Republicans to allow the Obama administration to borrow another 2.4T was the antithesis of what the American people voted for in Nov. 2010."
- Excerpt: "I believe that you are a better steward of your money than a bureaucrat in Washington The worst thing that could happen to the economy now would be ANY increase in taxes. Extend the current Bush tax rates indefinitely and start the move to either a flat tax or FAIR tax model."
- Healthcare Reform
- Excerpt: "The need to repeal or defund the legislation known as Obamacare is imperative to save the system that offers the greatest healthcare in the world. There are problems which need to be addressed such as accessibility for those with pre-existing conditions."
- Excerpt: "First, get out of the way of our oil/gas industry and let them supply us with the fossil fuel the economy needs right now. With the advent of new technology, increased domestic oil/gas production can be accomplished in an environmentally sound way."
- Border Security/Immigration
- Excerpt: "It is simply unreasonable to assume that we can continue to allow millions of individuals to violate our laws and then expect us to support them. This is an economic as well as a national security threat. We must employ every reasonable measure, including physical barriers and use of our military, to stop illegal immigration at the source."
- Excerpt: "This is, and always has been, the first responsibility of our federal government. We cannot afford to fund unnecessary programs, especially ones which are devised in violation of the Constitution, at the expense of maintaining the strongest and most effective military in the world."
- 2nd Amendment
- Excerpt: "For my stance on the 2nd Amendment you can read the last fourteen words "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Younts and his wife, Tara, have two children.
- Texas' 11th Congressional District elections, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections in Texas, 2012
- U.S. House elections, 2012
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official campaign Facebook page
- Official Twitter page
- YouTube channel
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |