|Connecticut House of Representatives District 128|
|January 9, 2013-Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Ayala served on the following committees:
|Connecticut Committee Assignments, 2013|
Hit and Run Charges
Ayala faced hit and run charges after an accident on August 15, 2012, in which police alleged that she fled the scene of an accident. Ayala appeared on the ballot in the general election as the Democratic nominee as the charges against her were not felonies. Ayala entered a plea of not guilty to the charges on October 16, 2012.
Elections for the office of Connecticut House of Representatives consisted of a primary election on August 12, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 10, 2014. Christopher Rosario defeated incumbent Christina Ayala, Teresa Davidson and Dennis Bradley in the Democratic primary, while Ethan Book was unopposed in the Republican primary. Rosario defeated Book and Angel Reyes (Peace and Progress) in the general election.
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 128 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Christopher Rosario Incumbent||51.2%||467|
|Christina Ayala Incumbent||14.9%||136|
Ayala ran in the 2012 election for Connecticut House of Representatives District 128. Ayala defeated Angel Reyes in the Democratic primary on August 14, 2012. She defeated Manuel Bataguas (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 128, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Christina M. Ayala||89.4%||3,332|
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 128 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Christina M. Ayala||63%||514|
Comprehensive donor information for Ayala is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Ayala raised a total of $59,155 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 23, 2013.
|Christina Ayala's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Connecticut House of Representatives, District 128||$59,155|
|Grand Total Raised||$59,155|
2012Ayala won election to the Connecticut House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Ayala raised a total of $59,155.
|Connecticut House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Christina Ayala's campaign in 2012|
|Howard, Catisha D.||$100|
|Farrow, Edwin P.||$100|
|Total Raised in 2012||$59,155|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on "issues important to Connecticut's working men and women."
- Legislators are scored on their votes on "key environmental bills."
Ayala surrendered to state police on September 26, 2014, facing multiple counts of voting fraud. She was charged with eight misdemeanor counts of fraudulent voting, ten felony counts of primary or enrollment violations and one felony count of tampering with or fabricating physical evidence. She is accused of voting in a number of elections between 2009 and 2012 in a district where she did not reside. Ayala also allegedly gave fabricated evidence to State Elections Enforcement Commission investigators. The criminal investigation is not expected to affect her term of office, which will end in January 2015.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Christina + Ayala + Connecticut + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Connecticut House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Connecticut State Legislature
- Connecticut state legislative districts
- Connecticut House Democrats website
- Profile from Open States
- Project Vote Smart, Christina Ayala's Political Summary
- CT Post, "Ayala pleads not guilty in hit and run crash," accessed October 25, 2012
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed July 15, 2014
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Official primary and general election results," accessed November 26, 2014
- The CT Mirror, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed August 12, 2014
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Candidate list," accessed June 19, 2012
- CBS Connecticut, "2012 Primary Results," August 14, 2012
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Election Results 2012," accessed November 21, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Ayala, Christina M.," accessed September 23, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 17, 2014
- CTPost.com, "State Rep. Christina Ayala arrested," September 27, 2014
|Connecticut House of Representatives District 128
| Succeeded by|
State of Connecticut
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of the State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utility Control |