Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Board member, Lee County School Board, At-large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
- See also: Lee County Schools elections (2014)
Christine Curkendall faced incumbent Mark Akinosho and fellow newcomers Sandra Bowen, Ophelia Livingston, Shawn E. Williams and David L. Schau for an at-large seat in the general election on November 4, 2014.
About the district
- See also: Lee County Schools, North Carolina
Lee County underperformed in comparison to the rest of North Carolina in terms of higher education achievement in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 20.0% of Lee County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a Bachelor's degree compared to 26.8% for North Carolina as a whole. The median household income in Lee County was $45,284 compared to $46,450 for the state of North Carolina. The poverty rate in Lee County was 17.4% compared to 16.8% for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one or two tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Christine + Curkendall + Lee + County + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States Census Bureau, "Lee County, North Carolina," accessed March 17, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed February 18, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "NC Voter Statistics Results," accessed March 17, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|2014 Lee County Schools Elections|
|Lee County, North Carolina|
|Election date:||November 4, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: • Mark Akinosho • Sandra Bowen • Christine Curkendall • Richard Hayes • Ophelia Livingston • Shawn E. Williams • David L. Schau|
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|