Christine Jennifer Winger
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 45|
|Wood Dale Mayor Pro Tempore|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Illinois State University|
Winger's other professional experience includes serving as an alderman for the city of Wood Dale since 2003, and as the Wood Dale Mayor Pro Tempore since May 2013.
Winger earned her B.S. in Social Science from Illinois State University. Her professional experience includes working as a project manager with IBM for over a decade, as a teaching instructor and as a financial advisor since 2008.
In an article with the Daily Herald, Winger highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "The current legislature will have to make the decision on the state income tax, but I do not support any continuation of that tax increase. I plan to work with legislatures and thoroughly review budgets on all levels to make the determination on how to cut back on the expenditures that have gone unchecked for far too long."
- Excerpt: "The current legislature has voted on the changes to the overhaul, and we will await the contesting of the constitutionality of the law. It is a shame that years of mismanagement by the Democratically led legislature resulted in these pensions not being properly funded. When elected, I will work with the legislatures, and push for and support bills that are fair to taxpayers, fair to the workers affected by the system, and constitutional."
- Excerpt: "I would support new casinos and slot machines at horse racing tracks. Before considering internet gambling legislation I would need to see strict measures in place that prevent minors from engaging in gambling and restrictions to internet companies that monitor fraudulent activity and that limit the amount individuals would be able to bet. I would need to separate evaluate internet gaming from the casinos and slot machines and would not be to consolidate in to one single vote."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place March 18, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Jenny M. Burke ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Christine Jennifer Winger defeated Seth Lewis, Daniel Brinkman and T.J. Lewis in the Republican primary. Burke and Winger will face off in the general election.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 45 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Christine Jennifer Winger||36.7%||3,593|
Winger is married to her husband, Mark.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Christine + Winger + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Christine Jennifer Winger on Facebook
- Christine Jennifer Winger on Twitter
- Facebook.com, "About," accessed February 18, 2014
- dailyherald.com, "Christine Jennifer Winger: Candidate Profile," accessed February 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |