Christine Jennifer Winger
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 45|
|January 14, 2015 - Present|
|January 10, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Wood Dale Mayor Pro Tempore|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||Illinois State University|
Winger served as an alderman for the city of Wood Dale from 2003 to 2014 and as the Wood Dale Mayor Pro Tempore from May 2013 to 2014.
Winger earned her B.S. in Social Science from Illinois State University. Her professional experience includes working as a project manager with IBM for over a decade, as a teaching instructor and as a financial advisor since 2008.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Winger served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Appropriations-General Service|
|• Financial Institutions|
|• Renewable Energy & Sustainability|
|• Small Business Empowerment & Workforce Development|
|• Substance Abuse|
|• Veterans' Affairs|
In an article with the Daily Herald, Winger highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "The current legislature will have to make the decision on the state income tax, but I do not support any continuation of that tax increase. I plan to work with legislatures and thoroughly review budgets on all levels to make the determination on how to cut back on the expenditures that have gone unchecked for far too long."
- Excerpt: "The current legislature has voted on the changes to the overhaul, and we will await the contesting of the constitutionality of the law. It is a shame that years of mismanagement by the Democratically led legislature resulted in these pensions not being properly funded. When elected, I will work with the legislatures, and push for and support bills that are fair to taxpayers, fair to the workers affected by the system, and constitutional."
- Excerpt: "I would support new casinos and slot machines at horse racing tracks. Before considering internet gambling legislation I would need to see strict measures in place that prevent minors from engaging in gambling and restrictions to internet companies that monitor fraudulent activity and that limit the amount individuals would be able to bet. I would need to separate evaluate internet gaming from the casinos and slot machines and would not be to consolidate in to one single vote."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 18, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Jenny M. Burke ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Christine Jennifer Winger defeated Seth Lewis, Daniel Brinkman and T.J. Lewis in the Republican primary. Winger then defeated Burke in the general election.
|Illinois House of Representatives District 45, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Christine Jennifer Winger||54.4%||17,420|
|Democratic||Jenny M. Burke||45.6%||14,581|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 45 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Christine Jennifer Winger||36.7%||3,593|
Winger is married to her husband, Mark.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Christine + Winger + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Illinois State Legislature
- Illinois House of Representatives
- Illinois House Committees
- Illinois state legislative districts
- Profile from the Illinois House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Christine Jennifer Winger on Facebook
- Christine Jennifer Winger on Twitter
- Facebook.com, "About," accessed February 18, 2014
- dailyherald.com, "Christine Jennifer Winger: Candidate Profile," accessed February 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- The Chicago Tribune, "Results List (Unofficial)," accessed November 5, 2014
Dennis Reboletti (R)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 45
2015 – Present
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |