|Christine M. Erickson|
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 11|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Sioux Falls|
|Associate's||National American University|
|Place of birth||Rapid City|
|Profession||Civil servant, rental property manager|
Erickson earned her associate's degree in business administration from National American University and her bachelor's degree in business management from University of Sioux Falls. She has been a stay at home mother, and has worked part time with her husband in real estate. Previously, she was a Revenue Agent for the Department of Revenue in Pierre.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Erickson served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
Erickson's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Children deserve a quality education. Educators need adequate tools to ensure our youth exceed academic expectations"
- Business policy
- Excerpt: "Business competition and tax policy should be fair. ...Christine supports recruiting companies of all sizes through the use of grants and incentives to ensure our tax base grows."
- Excerpt: "Christine is pro-life."
- Gun control
- Excerpt: "Christine believes in the 2nd Amendment--your right to bear arms."
- Responsible spending
- Excerpt: "Christine supports responsible spending and small government. She will work to find ways to save taxpayers’ money every day by eliminating irresponsible spending."
Erickson won election in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 11. Erickson advanced past the Republican primary on June 5 and won election in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Lora Hubbel (R) ran for election for State Senate in District 11.
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 11 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Christine M. Erickson||31.2%||529|
|Mark K Willadesen Incumbent||21.4%||362|
Comprehensive donor information for Christine Erickson is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Christine Erickson raised a total of $32,802 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 26, 2013.
|Christine Erickson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 11||$32,802|
|Grand Total Raised||$32,802|
2012Christine Erickson won election to the South Dakota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Christine Erickson raised a total of $32,802.
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Christine Erickson's campaign in 2012|
|Erickson, Christine M||$2,500|
|Vinatieri, Adam & Valerie||$1,562|
|Erickson, Christine M||$1,000|
|Peter Norbeck Pac||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$32,802|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Erickson and her husband, Tony, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Christine + Erickson + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota House of Representatives
- South Dakota House Committees
- South Dakota Joint Committees
- South Dakota House of Representatives District 11
- christineericksonforhouse.com, "Meet Christine," Accessed May 15, 2012
- Christine Erickson for House District 11, "Home/Issues," accessed August 13, 2013
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," Accessed April 9, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," June 25, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Erickson, Christine," Accessed September 26, 2013
Mark Willadsen (R)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 11
| Succeeded by|