|Former candidate for|
|Utah House of Representatives, District 44|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Passey's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Our children’s test scores are dropping, their classrooms are growing, and our graduation rates are dropping. I will work tirelessly to reverse this trend, restore our commitment to public education, and invest in the future of our children and the future of our state."
- Excerpt: "As the daughter of a Murray small business owner I know that local business is the backbone of our economy. From family owned businesses like ours, to the high tech startups we continue to entice to come to Utah, entrepreneurs and small-business owners are the foundation of our strong economy. I will advocate for policies that support and grow local businesses, which return three times the revenue to the local economy."
- Excerpt: "As an everyday Utahn I am determined to protect and improve the quality of life of working families. This includes protecting jobs, attracting new development, and focusing on quality employment."
- Excerpt: "As a member of our community, who cares about the welfare and health of my neighbors around me, I support Governor Herbert’s Healthy Utah plan. We know that this plan will provide 123,586 families of four, who are earning less than $1,879/month, affordable health insurance. This insurance will cut down on unnecessary emergency room visits and provide preventative care to thousands of Utahns. I will work across the aisle to find solutions to the healthcare needs of everyday Utahns."
- Excerpt: "As the mother of a child with autism, supporting the disability and special needs community is important to me. Utah has the highest rates of autism in the country with 1 in 47 children affected. In Utah 13% of children have a special healthcare need or disability, and 23% of Utah families have at least one child with a special need. We must support these children and families from the time they enter school to their later years. I will advocate for the disability community and policies that support them."
Elections for the office of Utah House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 20, 2014. Christine Passey was unopposed in the Democratic convention. Bruce Cutler defeated John Jackson and Raymond J. Poole in the Republican convention. Bret Black ran as a Libertarian. Cutler defeated Passey and Black in the general election.
|Utah House of Representatives District 44, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Bruce R. Cutler||48.5%||4,208|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Christine + Passey + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Utah State Legislature
- Utah House of Representatives District 44
- Utah House of Representatives
- Utah House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Christine Passey on Facebook
- Christine Passey on Twitter
- Christine Passey on LinkedIn
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Utah State Legislature
- Utah Lieutenant Governor, "2014 Candidate Filings," accessed March 22, 2014
- Christine Passey's campaign website, "Issues," accessed October 3, 2014
- Salt Lake Tribune, "Big day for women at Salt Lake Democratic convention," April 12, 2014
- Utah Lieutenant Governor, "2014 General Election Results," accessed November 24, 2014