Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Connecticut Supreme Court|
|Appointed by:||John G. Rowland|
|Past post:||Connecticut Appellate Court|
|Born:||December 10, 1950|
|Undergraduate:||Trinity College, 1972|
|Law School:||Connecticut School of Law, 1975|
Christine S. Vertefeuille is a senior justice on the seven member Connecticut Supreme Court. She was appointed to the court by Governor John G. Rowland on January 3, 2000. Her term was renewed in November of 2008, but she retired and assumed senior status on June 1, 2010.
Following her admission to the bar Vertefeuille entered private practice where she worked until 1989. In 1989 she was appointed to the Connecticut Superior Court. From 1994 until 1999 she also served as Administrative Judge in the Waterbury Judicial District. In 1999 she was appointed to the Connecticut Appellate Court, where she would also serve as an Administrative judge from 2000 until 2006. In 2000 she was appointed to Connecticut Supreme Court obtaining senior status in 2010.
Awards and associations
- Judicial Award, Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, 1995
- Tenth Anniversary Award, Polish American Foundation of Connecticut, 2006
- Gatekeeper Award, Common Good, 2004
- Former Member, Connecticut Bar Association, Executive Committee, Real Property Section, 1988-1989
- Former Member, Cheshire Commission on Handicapped and Disabled, 1988-1989
- Member, Waterbury and New Haven Grievance Panels, 1985-1989
- Member, Connecticut Bar Foundation, Fellows Education and Program Committee
- Honorary Doctor of laws, Quinnipiac University School of Law
- Faculty, Connecticut Judges Institute
|Former||Flemming Norcott • Joette Katz • Barry Schaller • William Sullivan (Connecticut) • Christine Vertefeuille • David Bordon • Ian McLachlan • Lubbie Harper • David M. Borden •|