|Utah House of Representatives District 69|
|2009 - 2013|
|Per diem||$95/day for lodging, $61/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Utah State University|
|Master's||University of Utah|
|Birthday||May 18, 1950|
|Place of birth||Logan, UT|
|Profession||Elementary School Principal|
|Religion||Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints|
Watkins has worked as a Teacher and Elementary School Principal. Watkins previously served as Minority Caucus Leader.
Watkins earned her B.S. in Elementary Education from Utah State University. She went on to receive her MEd in Education Administration from the University of Utah.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Watkins served on the following committees:
- Executive Appropriations
- Health and Human Services Committee, Utah House of Representatives
- Legislative Management Committee, Utah State Legislature
- House Management Committee
- Native American Legislative Liaison Committee, Utah State Legislature
- Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Environment Committee, Utah House of Representatives
- Redistricting Committee, Utah State Legislature
- Rural Development Legislative Liaison Committee, Utah State Legislature
- Subcommittee on Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Environmental Quality Appropriations
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Watkins served on the following committees:
- Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Environment Committee, Utah House
- Retirement and Independent Entities Committee, Utah House
- Workforce Services and Community and Economic Development Committee, Utah House
Watkins ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 69. Watkins defeated Stanley Larson in the Democratic convention and was defeated by Jerry Anderson (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Utah House of Representatives, District 69, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Christine Watkins Incumbent||48.7%||6,159|
Watkins raised $17,663 for her campaign while Anderson raised $3,278.
|Utah State House of Representatives, District 69 (2008)|
|Christine Watkins (D)||6,159|
|Jerry Anderson (R)||4,462|
In 2010, Watkins received $17,826 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors are listed below.
|Utah House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Christine Watkins's campaign in 2010|
|Utah Education Association||$2,000|
|Reagan Outdoor Advertising||$1,000|
|Operating Engineers Local 3||$750|
|Utah Association Of Collectors||$500|
|Sorensen, Beverly T||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$17,826|
Watkins raised $17,663 for the 2008 election.
Her major contributors are listed below.
|Utah Education Association||$3,000|
|Bookcliffs Pathology P.C.||$2,000|
The Sutherland Institute Scorecard
The Sutherland Institute, "a conservative public policy think tank" in Utah, releases its Scorecard for Utah State Representatives and Senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Sutherland Institute thought were pro-conservative policies.
Christine Watkins received a score of 38% in the 2012 scorecard.
Watkins and her husband, John, have five children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Christine + Watkins + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Utah House of Representatives - Rep. Christine Watkins
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- The Salt Lake Tribune, "After losing Utah election, Watkins breaks with Democratic Party," December 11, 2012
- Utah 2012 candidate filings
- Utah House of Representatives election results
- 2008 Election Results, Utah House of Representatives
- 2008 Utah Election Fundraising, Candidates
- Follow the Money - 2010 donations
- Campaign contributors to Christine Watkins
- The Sutherland Institute, "2012 Legislative Session"
- 2012 Sutherland Institute Legislative Socrecard
|Utah House of Representatives District 69
| Succeeded by|
Jerry Anderson (R)