|New York State Assembly, District 60|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Banks is the founder of East New York United Concerned Citizens, Inc., an antipoverty group.
Banks' campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "My efforts will focus on increasing access to affordable housing, enforcing standards for affordability, requiring developers to set units for low- and middle-income families aside in large projects, and protecting renters from being priced out of neighborhoods they helped build."
- Excerpt: "Responsible development includes investing in public services, like hospitals, nursing homes, and mental health centers; improving public transportation; ensuring adequate state aid for local governments and schools; and raising the minimum wage."
Protecting and Expanding Services for Our Seniors
- Excerpt: "As your Assemblyman, I will fight to make sure Access-A-Ride is reformed so our seniors are not left out in the cold because their transportation was late or simply a no-show."
Advocating for Our Youth
- Excerpt: "I want to provide better synergy between local nonprofits and schools so we can work together for the youth in our community. "
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of New York State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place September 9, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 10, 2014. Charles Barron defeated Christopher Banks in the Democratic primary, while Leroy Bates, Sr. was unopposed in the Republican primary. James Tillmon was removed from the ballot before the Democratic primary. Bates is also running on the Conservative Party ticket. Barron and Bates will face off in the general election.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
|New York State Assembly, District 60 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Inez Barron Incumbent||55.6%||2,962|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Christopher + Banks + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Assembly
- New York State Assembly District 60
- New York State Assembly elections, 2014
- New York State Legislature
- Politicker, "Chris Banks Announces Assembly Run Against Inez Barron," January 8, 2012
- Chris Banks for NY Assembly, "Issues," accessed August 21, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List," accessed August 8, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Candidate List for the September 13, 2012, State Primary Election," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official September 13, 2012, Primary Results," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official Assembly Election Returns Nov. 6, 2012," accessed July 31, 2014
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |