|Former candidate for|
|New York State Assembly, District 60|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Banks is the founder of East New York United Concerned Citizens, Inc., an antipoverty group.
Banks' campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "My efforts will focus on increasing access to affordable housing, enforcing standards for affordability, requiring developers to set units for low- and middle-income families aside in large projects, and protecting renters from being priced out of neighborhoods they helped build."
- Excerpt: "Responsible development includes investing in public services, like hospitals, nursing homes, and mental health centers; improving public transportation; ensuring adequate state aid for local governments and schools; and raising the minimum wage."
Protecting and Expanding Services for Our Seniors
- Excerpt: "As your Assemblyman, I will fight to make sure Access-A-Ride is reformed so our seniors are not left out in the cold because their transportation was late or simply a no-show."
Advocating for Our Youth
- Excerpt: "I want to provide better synergy between local nonprofits and schools so we can work together for the youth in our community. "
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of New York State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 10, 2014. Charles Barron defeated Christopher Banks in the Democratic primary, while Leroy Bates, Sr. was unopposed in the Republican primary. James Tillmon was removed from the ballot before the Democratic primary. Bates also ran on the Conservative Party ticket. Barron defeated Bates in the general election.
|New York State Assembly, District 60 General Election, 2014|
|New York State Assembly, District 60 Democratic Primary, 2014|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
|New York State Assembly, District 60 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Inez Barron Incumbent||55.6%||2,962|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Christopher + Banks + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Assembly
- New York State Assembly District 60
- New York State Assembly elections, 2014
- New York State Legislature
- Politicker, "Chris Banks Announces Assembly Run Against Inez Barron," January 8, 2012
- Chris Banks for NY Assembly, "Issues," accessed August 21, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Certification for the September 9, 2014, State Primary Election," accessed December 17, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Primary results for September 9, 2014," accessed October 1, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "NYS Board of Elections Assembly Election Returns November 4, 2014," accessed December 17, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Candidate List for the September 13, 2012, State Primary Election," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official September 13, 2012, Primary Results," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official Assembly Election Returns Nov. 6, 2012," accessed July 31, 2014
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |