|Vermont State Senate Addison District|
|January 9, 2013 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$162/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Vermont House Of Representatives Addison 5|
He previously served in the Vermont House of Representatives, representing Addison-5 from 2007 to 2010.
Bray earned his BA in Zoology and his M.A. in English from the University of Vermont. He later attended the Bread Loaf Writers Program at Middlebury College.
Bray has worked as an English Professor for the University of Vermont. He has also been the founder and owner of Common Ground Communications. Bray has also worked as a farmer.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bray served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Legislative Information Technology|
Bray's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
I want to work with you, serving in the Vermont Senate, to apply this balanced approach to solving the major challenges we face as a state:
- to develop a more prosperous local economy
- to ensure that all Vermonters have access to healthy, wholesome food
- to offer an affordable, high-quality education throughout life
- to provide every Vermonter access to affordable health care
- to develop an affordable and responsible energy future
- See also: Vermont State Senate elections, 2012
Bray won election in the 2012 election for Vermont State Senate Addison District. Bray was unopposed in the August 28 Democratic primary and won election in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont State Senate, Addison District, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Claire Ayer Incumbent||46.3%||12,925|
Bray did not run for re-election to the Addison 5 District in 2010.
Comprehensive donor information for Bray is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Bray raised a total of $18,388 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|Christopher Bray's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State Senate, District Addison||$14,888|
|2008||Vermont State Senate, District Addison||$3,500|
|Grand Total Raised||$18,388|
2012Bray won re-election to the Vermont State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Bray raised a total of $14,888.
|Vermont State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Christopher Bray's campaign in 2012|
|King, Warren B||$750|
|Addison County Democratic Party Cmte||$750|
|Total Raised in 2012||$14,888|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Bray raised $3,500 for the 2008 election.
His major contributors are listed below.
|James Maroney, Jr.||$500|
|Charles & Susan Grigg||$500|
Bray and his partner, Kathy, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Christopher + Bray + Vermont + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Shift in pipeline taxes proposed to fund clean energy projects - Manchester Journal
- Vermont Senators Want to Affirm Abortion as a Right - Town Hall
- Vermont Senators Attempt to Protect Women's Rights - Ring of Fire
- Vermont Introduces Bill Affirming Right to Abortion - RH Reality Check
- Campaign Facebook page
- Twitter feed
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- List of Vermont State Senators
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006