|Former candidate for|
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Gergen's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Oregon's Ultimate Solution Is You
- Excerpt: "Further, the rights not specifically granted to the federal government were reserved for the states and ultimately to the people. I believe Oregon is a land of vast beauty and rich natural resources; but I also believe the most beautiful and rich natural resource we have, is you."
A Strong Jobs and Economic Development Plan
- Excerpt: "I support responsible tax and economic incentives and policies that will encourage capital investment into Oregon, generally and District 12, specifically."
A Strong Public/Private Education System
- Excerpt: "I support empowering local school boards to educate the children under their care in the manner most appropriate for their local citizens. Each community in Oregon has children who are unique in their gifting, talents, acumen, learning styles and comprehension level. Local school boards should have the latitude to appropriate funds and resources to meet the demands of their children in a manner best suited for their communities."
A Strong Solution to Fighting Food Insecurity in Oregon
- Excerpt: "The lack of a comprehensive and realistic jobs plan from our current and past legislatures is a direct contributor to the problem of hunger in Oregon. I support a comprehensive plan for the Oregon State Government to address this tragic problem. No one who lives in Oregon should suffer from food insecurity. Period."
A Strong Infrastructure and Public Safety Team
- Excerpt: "I support appropriate funding for our public safety officers, including state and local police, fire and rescue and medical emergency personnel. The economic viability and long-term economic growth of Oregon communities relies heavily upon public safety. I support a partnership between public safety organizations and local citizens to police their communities and keep each other safe. A closely knit community is a safe community."
A Strong Second Amendment
- Excerpt: "I support a strong Second Amendment and the Constitutional rights of Oregonians to keep and bear arms. I support an armed citizenry that has been educated in the safe and responsible use and storage of firearms. I will oppose any effort to restrict these rights afforded to Oregonians by the US Constitution."
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent John Lively was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Christopher Gergen was unopposed in the Republican primary. Lively defeated Gergen in the general election.
|Oregon House of Representatives District 12, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||John Lively Incumbent||64.3%||12,445|
|Republican||Christopher P. Gergen||35.3%||6,823|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Christopher + Gergen + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon State Senate elections, 2014
- Oregon State Legislature
- Oregon House of Representatives
- Oregon House of Representatives District 12
- Official campaign website
- Christopher Gergen on Facebook
- Christopher Gergen on LinkedIn
- Oregon State Legislature