|Utah House of Representatives District 62|
|2007 - 2013|
|Per diem||$95/day for lodging, $61/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Brigham Young University, 1990|
|Master's||Marriot School of Management, 1992|
|Place of birth||Chicago, IL|
|Religion||Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints|
Herrod was Assistant Professor at Kharkov State University from 1992 to 1993. He then worked for Utah Valley State College-Kiev Branch as Instructor/Advisor from 1995 to 1996. From 1997 to 1998, he worked as an International Marketing Director for Neways International. Herrod then engaged in Project Work for Merck from 1998 to 1999. From 1999 to 2008, he was the owner/manager of Pangaea Development. He also worked as owner/manager of Keystone Developers from 2004 to 2008.
Herrod earned his B.A. in International Relations/Family Living from Brigham Young University in 1990. He went on to receive his Master's Degree in Organizational Behavior from Brigham Young University in 1992.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Herrod served on the following committees:
- Judiciary Committee, Utah House of Representatives
- Public Utilities and Technology Committee, Utah House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Executive Offices and Criminal Justice Appropriations, Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Herrod served on the following committees:
- Public Utilities and Technology Committee, Utah House
- Workforce Services and Community and Economic Development Committee, Utah House
|Utah House of Representatives, District 62 General Election (2010)|
|Christopher Herrod (R)||3,878|
|Mark Peterson (D)||1,715|
Herrod raised $43,275 for his campaign while Hill raised $32,518.
|Utah State House of Representatives, District 62 (2008)|
|Christopher Herrod (R)||5,277|
|Claralyn Hill (D)||3,708|
In 2010, Herrod received $23,380 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors are listed below.
|Utah House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Christopher Herrod's campaign in 2010|
|Utah Association Of Realtors||$2,500|
|Utah County Republican Party||$1,500|
|Reagan Outdoor Advertising||$1,500|
|Patrick Henry Caucus||$1,347|
|Smith, Bert & Kathy||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$23,380|
Herrod raised $43,275 for the 2008 election.
His major contributors are listed below.
|Niles & Janet Herrod||$4,000|
|Utah County Legislative PAC||$2,796|
The Sutherland Institute Scorecard
The Sutherland Institute, "a conservative public policy think tank" in Utah, releases its Scorecard for Utah State Representatives and Senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Sutherland Institute thought were pro-conservative policies.
Christopher Herrod received a score of 100% in the 2012 scorecard.
Herrod and his wife, Alia, have four children.
- Utah House of Representatives - Rep. Christopher Herrod
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Utah Lieutenant Governor - Candidate filings
- Utah House of Representatives election results
- 2008 Election Results, Utah House of Representatives
- 2008 Utah Election Fundraising, Candidates
- Follow the Money - 2010 donations
- Campaign contributors to Christopher Herrod
- The Sutherland Institute, "2012 Legislative Session"
- 2012 Sutherland Institute Legislative Socrecard
|Utah House of Representatives District 62
| Succeeded by|
Jon Stanard (R)