Christopher J. England
|Christopher J. England|
|Alabama House of Representatives District 70|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Howard University, 1999|
|J.D.||University of Alabama, 2002|
|Birthday||August 19, 1976|
England received his J.D. from the University of Alabama, and his B.A. from Howard University.
England served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Services (Insurance)
- Subcommittee on Civil Justice
- Local Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Tuscaloosa County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2013. Incumbent Christopher J. England is unopposed in the Democratic primary.
England won re-election to the 70th District Seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
England raised $22,400 for his campaign.
In 2010, England raised $59,075 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$10,000|
|Environmental Campaign Fund||$10,000|
|Fight Back For Justice Fund||$5,000|
In 2006, England collected $22,400 in donations.
Below are England's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Education Assoc||$10,000|
|AL Trial Lawyers Assoc||$2,500|
England and his wife have three children.
He is a member of the Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Incorporated, Bailey Tabernacle CME Church, and serves on the Board of Directors of the Police Athletic League and PRIDE.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Christopher + England + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama Legislature - Christopher J. England
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Chris England on Facebook
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 13, 2013
- 2006 election results, Alabama
- Alabama House spending, 2006
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. England
|Alabama House District 70
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|