Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois House of Representatives District 117|
|Bachelor's||Southern Illinois University|
|Profession||High school educator|
McCann's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Illinois Innovation
- Excerpt: "Things might seem difficult now, but they have been before for our great state. Illinois has a long history of being an innovator and leader for the world, and I believe we will be again. The job of the government in this process is to provide an environment where people can innovate and solve problems, as opposed to our current policies, which have discouraged innovation."
- Economic Prosperity
- Excerpt: "My belief is that we make this state great again by allowing jobs to be created and put people back to work. Let's give people the environment they need to realize that life-long dream of owning their own business. Let's increase our state's revenue, not by overtaxing a shrinking population of hard working people, but by broadening our tax base by providing employment for all who seek it."
- Government Accessibility
- Excerpt: "Require each member of the legislature to have an active website that displays key information, such as office hours, upcoming votes, and previous votes on legislation. Require each member of the legislature to not only have well publicized office hours, but have designated hours when they will personally be in the office to speak with citizens of the district."
- Ethical Governance
- Excerpt: "Extend current term lengths for state representatives to 4 years and senators to 6 years, along with introducing a limit of 2 terms served in each respective office. Currently state representatives, and state senators on certain years, only serve a two year term. It might seem like a good amount of time, but if you consider that between collecting petitions, campaigning, the primary, and the general election, a state legislator might only have a window of 6-9 months out of a term when they are not involved in campaigning."
McCann ran in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 117. At first, McCann was unopposed in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012, but withdrew from the race on January 9, 2012. McCann filed to run as a petition candidate on June 4, 2012. McCann was defeated by incumbent John E. Bradley (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 117, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||John E. Bradley Incumbent||65.1%||30,785|
|Constitution||Dale E. Dorch||3.1%||1,483|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Christopher + McCann + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Christopher McCann, "On The Issues," accessed October 25, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate detail - Christopher McCann," January 9, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed May 14, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, 2012 General Election Candidate List, accessed August 5, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |